• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Grass and Bulls using it.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BRG

Reaction score
Wow what a difference a year and rain can make. These are our May and June born bulls (just a year old) out on crested wheat grass. They will stay there until fall. This grass ussually matures out around July 1, but with all the rain this year, it may last longer. But boy does it look good. The butte in the back ground is called Long Butte. Great view from the top, especially by horseback. Always fun to go up there.

Moms_Photos_101.jpg

Moms_Photos_102.jpg

Moms_Photos_104.jpg

Moms_Photos_117.jpg

Moms_Photos_113.jpg

I go through your area a couple times a year. Last year I swore I watched two grasshoppers fight over what appeared to be the last blade of grass in the country! This year it looked great.
Last weekend I went through Reba, Hoover, Newell (sp) etc and spent some time south of Lead. Got hammered by a heck of a storm there on Saturday. Sunday I went to Spearfish, Buffalo, & north on 85 to Belfield ND then east. Still didn't see anything but antelope & rabbits, but at least they were in green grass! :D Happy to see you are getting some rain.
:D

He is our little goodluck charm, but we will have to see about the next drought. It just may be someone elses turn. (from the west of me! 8))

Looks nice BRG. Crested Wheat sure is pretty in a wet year. Makes my pictures look pretty brown. I like the Cottonwoods in the draw. Unfotunately I don't get to see any of those here.

You know, my son keeps doing the naked barn run (Well, chicken house or machine shed) and it doesn't seem to be helping... MAybe we are running him down to fast.. The stinker wants to be outside at all times and well, he's gotta be free :lol: :lol: :shock:

Ax,

Those trees are some that were planted here years ago, before we even owned it and Dad bought it at least 30 years ago. They are actually a type of Elm tree, not Cottonwood. The only place you will see a Cottonwood is in low ground where it is wet. Crested Wheat makes good hay too, but we will graze it instead.

Latest posts