• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Hay Year

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny

Reaction score

Tried to cut this with the double 9 but it was a bit thick ended up 92 bales off 20 acres all of our fields are running heavy this year.

Looks good Denny. We finished up a while ago and the bales are all in the yards. Started cutting oats yesterday, hopefully the weather cooperates. We could start doing some second cut hay soon, but I think we'll let the cows do it instead.

Silver said:
Looks good Denny. We finished up a while ago and the bales are all in the yards. Started cutting oats yesterday, hopefully the weather cooperates. We could start doing some second cut hay soon, but I think we'll let the cows do it instead.

Were hoping by the end of the month to be all done hauling and baleing. We've got a 100 acres of corn to chop which is my best corn ever so the tons should really add up. Most likely be on that mid September.

Crazy hay year here. Been working at it since early may and still not done with first cutting. 30"+ of rain in that time frame. Quality low but yields are high. Corn is ready to chop but can't get in the fields. Beats a dry year though

Dry farm alfalfa was really great in some fields average to not so good in others. Meadows the stalls bolted flowered fromed seeds and the leaves didn't grow about 1/2 a crop

We are doing OK for hay here we will get done putting it up in the next 2 weeks. I have to say that does not look like a Balarus tractor?

Big Muddy rancher said:
cows101 said:
We are doing OK for hay here we will get done putting it up in the next 2 weeks. I have to say that does not look like a Balarus tractor?

Looks kinda shiny doesn't it? :D
Ahh Just a little turtle wax :???: But I think that tractor might have a buddy seat do they have them in belaruses?

If thats trure it would kinda take the fun out of farming and ranching would not be the same with a guard.

cows101 said:
If thats trure it would kinda take the fun out of farming and ranching would not be the same with a guard.

I don't know, if she was cute and had a good sense of humour it might be okay :cboy:

Smart alecs . That's a Mc Cormick that replaced a buddies Belarus he had a fire sale. He borrowed my discbine to cut some thick hay and in return I got to use the Mc Cormick to mow about 60 acres nice enough tractor I guess but with my land payments out of the question for 5 years..

The guard is a Blonde 4-11" full blood german and she sometimes has a sense of humor.

Latest posts