• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Luck TTB and Lazy Ace

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Could go "bar hoppin" and never git in the truck LOL except when you decide to finally go home....and just think..no worries about a DWI

(or you could possibly get a DUI...Drivin Under the Influence of her bars)

If I did the "bar hopping" thing Jersey Lilly, I might feel worse than if I actually did the real "bar hopping"!! But at least I'd remember what I did!!!

Congratulations Lazy Ace and TTB. I hear you had a wonderful sale and sold anothe bull to Genex. You guys are the belle of the ball in the RA breed it seems. Honesty and hard work pays off. Congratulations again.

Red Robin said:
Congratulations Lazy Ace and TTB. I hear you had a wonderful sale and sold anothe bull to Genex. You guys are the belle of the ball in the RA breed it seems. Honesty and hard work pays off. Congratulations again.

I'm just glad to know somebody that knows them. :lol:

Good show folks!

It's now been confirmed Mike, if you invite me over and sit down and eat okra with me, you'll have a very successful bull sale the following spring. We are now entertaining offers for the fall 07 okra eating . :lol:

Glad the sale went well. Which bull went to Genex????? I can't stand the suspense. Lot 1 or 2 or some other?

Red Robin said:
It's now been confirmed Mike, if you invite me over and sit down and eat okra with me, you'll have a very successful bull sale the following spring. We are now entertaining offers for the fall 07 okra eating . :lol:

Fried, boiled, pickled, sauteed, or raw?

Thanks everyone! We are very happy with the day we had yesterday. Sales have been very tough in this area because of drought. We hear a lot of "if it snows or rains I'll keep my cows and buy bulls in the late spring, early summer."

Lot 1 (who's picture RR posted earlier in this message) sold to Genex. We are honored and humbled that they would even look at our operation for a bull.

We averaged $2651 on 78 head, with two no sales. Our bred heifes sold very well, and the heifer calves did not sell nearly as well as we thought they might, because we mostly had calls on females.

RR summed it up pretty well when he told nr "nr you should go to a good purebred sale some day. It's great fun, excitement, misery, etc. all wrapped into one event." You work all year for one day, and it's all over in about 2 hours!!!

Again thanks so much for all of your thoughts and prayers (I know of several who said they were praying, thanks so much.)

Now, for the fun part, calving and making breeding decisions. We have two calves on the ground--makes it all worth it to say the least.

It sure was foggy yesterday, and it sure is foggy today. I hope the old adage about fog now makes rain later holds true. We will gladly accept any moisture Ma Nature sends our way.

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Congrats TTB- We sent you the fog...This has been the first morning in over a week that I've been able to see the sun- had fog off and on for 2 weeks...And I too hope this means a wet last week in May, first week in June...

Glad all went well!! Now take time to relax. I hope lazy ace had time for a few cold ones.

Can you send me the details on the Genex bull-I guess I'm officially working for you now up here in the tundra. Congratulations by the way on a great sale.

Mike said:
Red Robin said:

Fried, boiled, pickled, sauteed, or raw?
Ain't but one way to eat okra and that's fried. Anything else is unAmerican. You couldn't make me eat okra boiled. Nasty stuff.

Latest posts