• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
As I sit here typing this, I am listening to a chorus of frogs out the window. The wife says they are off tune, but they sure are singing my tune!! Jan also says I can't hardly enjoy a good rain for fear of how long it may be before another one :D . The truth is that this kind of water only lasts so long before we need another fix. Jesus told the woman at the well that he could provide living water that would last for eternity. He speaks of spiritual nourishment. Another truth is that receiving Him as savior provides eternal life. Living for Jesus provides eternal purpose and fullfillment. Have yourselves a Good Sunday mornin'. One last question--Has this post outlived it meaningfulness? There has been little response for several weeks. My feelings will not be hurt either way. Just curious?????????????????

No, no, no, Shortgrass. I rarely miss looking at this site every day but I also rarely post and I believe there are many like me that thoroughly enjoy your weekly sermonettes and are impacted by them. Please keep them coming. I believe you have a gift that the Lord would have you share with the rest of us.

Please keep posting your messages on Sunday mornings, Shortgrass. Speaking for myself and my family, they really mean a lot.

Glad you got some rain. Colorado needed it, if it hopes to retain its name of "Colorful Colorado." :wink: You are right about everything here on Earth being so temporary. The saying here in the Sandhills is that we are never over two weeks away from a drought. Sad but true.

My mother used to get a hairdo "permanent" about every three or four months. Even as a small child, I could see that the stinky hair fix was anything but permanent. It seemed to me that they should have been called a "temporary" instead. :)

It is so reassuring to know that when we accept Jesus as our Savior it will be a "fix" for all of Eternity. We never know how many more days will be granted to us here on Earth, but Forever is such a long, long time. By our decisions in this present life, we decide where we want to spend Eternity. Let's see, which would be best: air-conditioned climate-controlled peaceful comfort in His Presence; or in a permanent drought with scorching hot, miserable conditions, where it will never be possible to have a good drink or take another shower again forever? :???:

Please keep posting your Sunday messages Shortgrass! I missed your post last week, but I didn't say anything knowing you were "on the road again".

I'm glad you came home to a working rain guage too! :wink: :D Western SD is so green and lush for this time of year we feel kinda guilty for hogging all the precip! :oops:

There was 1.30" here Friday night so I took yesterday off haying. One of the things that needed doing I got done was put the bulls IN WITH THE COWS. Most guys are taking the bulls out this time of year, but I do enjoy the later calving season. Seems to be fewer weather problems and calving difficulties in my experience.

Thanks for today's message! Often times Sunday is the one day of the week I check in here specifically to look for your Sunday greeting. Please keep up the good work!

don't quit us now shortgrass
i read your evey sunday before church and it get me thinking as you have a way of relating things in a way we can understand as ranchers and cowhands
keepem coming please
until later
jerry

I like many I read you message but don't take the time to say Thank You. Please keep on with your Sunday messages. We are having some struggles with our current pastor, if it wasn't for your message I would really be in a tough spot. Sad to say my current pastor that I look to inspire me at my church gives me less of a message in an hour than you give in a few minutes...... :oops: Glad to hear you have recieved a drink of rain. We have been blessed here with way more than our share. In the last week alone we have had nearly 6in and 4 of it came the other night and most of that should be nearing the Missouri River soon.... :shock:

Shortgrass, keep them coming....

Your question is something we all go through. I hope the responses will help you stay the course of posting for the reasons God inspires weekly vs the entertainment value...

Let me put it another way. If your posts were of value to only one person to either get trhu a tough time, find hope or find Jesus, would you stop?

Keep them coming. You are a mcuh more resonating read than many find the King James Version to be,

PPRM

I read them all. I don't post much, but I'm thankful for you doing this for us all.
Thank you!

Thank you for taking the TIME to always make Sunday mornin's special! Most folks don't spend enough time lookin' out for thier fellow man. Your messages touch everybody who reads them, wether they post a reply or not. Just like ripples on a pond after throwin' in a little ol' rock, they slowly and surely spread out to even the farthest shore. Heck, i had a guy tell me some of my silly pictures reminded him of home.... in Zimbobway!!!! How much infintely important are your WORDS and THOUGHTS and PRAYERS ya share with us? Thank you Sir! There's definitely nothing "Short" about the "Grass" you feed your sheep every Sunday mornin'! :D

Absolutely keep them coming. I look forward to them all week and just like Christmas I am conflicted about when to open it. Often I wait until Monday morning to use it as a week starter. It is amazing how often it parallels our Sunday service. :D

Thanks for all your support. It appears that there are at least 10 of you folks that are getting something from this thread. I really did not know what response to expect, but it is very encouraging to have recieved each and every one of your replies. Again, Muchas Gracias!!!

You are kinda like our pastor here at rancher.net. We lead worship at our church and I preach at various cowboy churches so I always like to hear what God is saying to others in our business. I look forward to them every week....keep em coming!

Yep- keep them coming Shortgrass-- I like anything that makes a person think- and especially how the Good Lord is involved in our daily happenings.....
I used to always love the Rick O' Shay cartoons where the gunslinger- Hipshot Percussion always rode out to his favorite mountain spot where he could be closer to his Maker-"The Boss"....

I finally got to the site and seen how many responses there were to your Sunday message. I thought, wow he must have had something to say that moved so many to reply. Well you did Shortgrass!! What I was amazed at, was all the different areas represented in the replies. God's mesage is getting out to many through you!!! Thanks

Shortgrass, I read you every week, even though I rarely comment. I hate to see you give it up, but I can also understand that it could sometimes be overwhelming for you to find the time.

If they don't mind, maybe Soapweed and John SD could give you a break from time-to-time? That's assuming that you ever feel the need for a little time off. I always look forward to their commentary on your words, as well.

Thanks for your time and effort, Shortgrass. Please keep in mind that just because you don't hear us doesn't mean that we don't hear you.

Reading Good Sunday morning is the first ( well almost the first) thing I do on Sunday morning. If I remember correctly, you missed last Sunday.

I too, always read the Good Sunday Morning post. I marvel at the way you keep coming up with ideas but I definately appreciate your work.

Latlely,lifes been awfully busy around here BUT I always read your Sunday message.Like Soapweeds pics,I love them but often don't comment,looks like thats a point I have to make important because I'd sure hate either one of you{and a whole lot more} to quit posting this important material.

Enjoy your week all :)

Shortgrass,

Sure glad to hear you received some needed rain. :)

Just as our crops & pastures need rain, our spirits thirst for the word of God and their day to day practical application. Thanks for the weekly shower and hope you keep them coming. :)

God Bless

Latest posts