• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
Our country is sure in need of a good rain right now. I was visiting with our local school super that came from cow country in Oklahoma. He made the comment about how he couldn't understand how we cattlemen in this area could deal with the drought conditions. Leanin' H talks about how he loves the desert. I don't know that I love it, but I have learned to deal with it. Actually we live in an area of tremendous potential. I have seen dry land sorghum that was taller than the swather cab. Not just a little patch either, but most of the field was that productive. We wean calves over 6 that are under 200 days of age off fleshy, bred cows in a pretty dry year and then run the cow on grass and cubes until she calves and does it all over again. Our country is productive, but seldom do we produce up to our full potential. We are generally limited by a lack of water. So many lives are like that. Perhaps we live a semi productive life, but a mere shadow of our full potential, limited by our walk or perhaps I should say a lack of walking with the Lord. He is willing to do so much more than we would dare hope for or dream of if we just let Him have full control of our lives. Have a good Sunday mornin', and God bless………

Thanks Shortgrass, just as the country blooms after a good soaking rain we can bloom and be the person He wants us to be by soaking in His word and applying it to our daily lives.

Latest posts