• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
Beef is a food people eat to celebrate. Beans & rice are survival foods. Beef is to celebrate a promotion, an anniversary or the 4th of July. Beans & rice are food for surviving, but beef is for food for thriving! Our industry does not just feed the world, it brings gusto to life! Whether your calf crop is $1000 or a million, you are part of something bigger than just yourself. If you are a Christian, you are part of something that dwarfs the beef industry; you are part of the greatest movement this world has ever known! From the time God made Adam and Eve leave the garden, He made it clear that He had a plan (you are part of that plan), and that Satan would bruise Christ's heel, but Christ would bruise Satan's head. Abraham was a part of that movement, so was David and countless others far too numerous to mention. When God took the form of a man and lived among us, then died and on the third day rose again, it became apparent that the purpose of this movement was for the redemption of mankind. We may be a small part of it, but that does not mean we are an unimportant part for example, your key is a small part of your automobile. My involvement in the beef industry is just where my service to the Kingdom of God takes place. It is the same for you, fellow Christian. We often ask ourselves "what's in it for me?" If our reward is monetary, it will make itself wings and fly away! If it is spiritual, from God, we will have all eternity to enjoy it. By all means, lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven! Have a good Sunday mornin' and a great rest of the week, too.

A totally random out of the blue memory of my paternal Grandma came to me this morning as I was kneeling prior to receiving Communion at Mass. She would always put a roast in the oven prior to leaving for Mass, the aroma walking in afterwards, oh my. Guess that's the Holy Spirit at work with All Souls Day this week.

Great message, Shortgrass. Thanks for showing that we ranchers are involved in an honorable industry, with our occupational efforts being a part of God's grand plan to feed hungry people.

Latest posts