• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
Good Sunday mornin' this evening! Got sidetracked this morning, but I really did want to share my thoughts concerning our Thanksgiving holiday. Luke tells a story in Chapter 17, beginning in verse 11 that illustrates Thanksgiving:

11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee.
12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance
13 and called out in a loud voice, "Jesus, Master, have pity on us!"
14 When he saw them, he said, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And as they went, they were cleansed.
15 One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice.
16 He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.
17 Jesus asked, "Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine?
18 Has no one returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?"
19 Then he said to him, "Rise and go; your faith has made you well."

The key in is found in verse 18. Only the Samaritan had returned to give glory to God. I am confident that all 10 lepers were thankful they had been healed, but only one gave glory to God. That is what this holiday has been set aside for. Lets take care not to just be grateful for all we have, but to give glory to God. And 2 Cor 9:15 remind us "thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift!" Do have a great Thanks giving week, and God bless.

Latest posts