• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
I was headed out, after dinner, to splice a broken wire I had noticed while moving some heifer calves this morning. As I was driving, I was thinking about tomorrow, and what we had to do. You guessed it; I drove right by the break and didn't see it. After while, I woke up and realized I had forgotten what was important at the time while worrying about tomorrow. Mt. 13:22 speaks of a man that hears the word, and the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches chokes out the word. It is easy to get so consumed by yesterday, today, and tomorrow that it makes it difficult for God to speak to our hearts. of coarse, we do, and ought to, think about daily demands, but be aware that Satan will do all he can to make us obsessed so that our attention is not on the Lord and we miss important truths that God would like to share with us. Every now and then, I need reminded to just slow down, and look around; to stop, look and listen. Have a good Sunday mornin' and God Bless.

Pastors sermon today was about getting so busy with pressures of the season - decorating, shopping, getting ready to celebrate - that we don't remember what we are actually celebrating. He suggested when someone tells us how busy they are, and they will, to reply along the lines of "I know what you mean. I have been so busy, too, I find it easy to forget to praise God, and remember His gift to us."

Latest posts