• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Goodbye to my friends and enemies

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jinglebob

Reaction score
After all this uproar, ganging up and backbiting, I have decided that this ain't the place for me.

I am sorry to be leaving, but I got along fine before I came here, so I imagine I will get along fine after.

I do regret that maybe I will miss out on meeting some new people, as I have made some good friends on this site and met some wonderful people here. But I have no stomache for the way things have gotten to here lately.

I quit going to Bull Session because of these very reasons and only occasionally stopped in Political Bull.

I'm sorry that there are people on here, that I think a lot of, who jumped on a guy who was only doing me a favor and passing on a story, while maybe not something that is everyday to most on here, is a very common occourance in his area where he works and lives and the livestock that he has to deal with.

Yes, things were said from both sides, but when you read anothers words, you can't always get the meaning. You don't know if they are teasing or are serious, many times.

The incident in the story that started all of this, was one incident that was blown way out of proportion.

There are lots of different area's where people run cattle and there are lots of different methods used to do the job.

When you start judging others by where and how you live, I think you are falling short. Only those who have had the exact same curcumstances in the exact same country can really get the full impart and have a real sense of what transpired.

When I speak of driving a team and wagon out to feed cattle at 25 to 30 below tempertures with 25 to 30 mph winds blowing, I suppose some think I am braggin' or lying or both. But I am not. I am only relating things that used to be a very common incident in my winters on this ranch.

I'm sure if NR reports of feeding cows at 40 to 50 below many would think he is just BS'ing. I don't. Where he lives, that is what they do. No brag, just fact and maybe some pride in the way they do things and that they have not only thrived, but survived. I suppose there were some who thought he was BS'ing when he talked of AI'ing cows on the end of a rope out in a pastyure, because they had never seen or done it themselves. I believed it.

If Jersy Lilly tells of working cows in 110 degree heat with 90 percent humidity, I believe her. It's where she lives and what they have to do, at times. And if she shows some pride in that, I sure don't think she is bragging.

I could go on and on about the different ones on here and where they live, each with some differences in the way they do things and why they do them. I take them at face value. That was what was so cool about this place. I got to experience a little bit of my world and how it is in other areas of this country and even around the world.

I got to go hunting with NR and Ty. I got to learn a lot about the way things are done in Georgia and Alabama and Arkansas and Kansas and Oklahoma, etc.

Saddly, I don't think I can enjoy this place any more. It has been tainted, to me. That is why I asked Macon to start a new room for Cowboy, about Cowboys and the stories they and we share. I am a rancher/cowboy/saddlemaker. Anyone who doesn't believe me can ask my friends and enemies. I never claimed to be the best at any of them. I never felt I ever bragged and if I did, it was in jest or someone misunderstood my meaning.

I tried not to attack or pick a fight with anyone who didn't start it. I could be wrong and just remember it wrong. I'm sure you will let me know if that was the case.

But once you pick a fight or back some of us in a corner we feel threatened and tend to respond in kind. Sorry, I guess we are only human and not perfect.

But I did enjoy sharing and reading tales of misery and woe and happiness and laughter with all you folks.

Anyone who wants or needs to contact me should check my website. It has my phone number, address, and email on it.

If anyone learns of a cowboy site, please let me know. I have heard of one and if anyone is interested, get in touch with me and I will pass that info on to cowboys and those who admire them.

It's been mostly fun while it lasted folks. So long.
:(

JB:

I'd like to say I wish you'd consider staying. I don't believe anyone is any more guilty or innocent in this deal...we are all at fault. From Mr Puncher to me. I'll admit it.

I understand why you want to leave, but would hope you'd reconsider.

If you do go, we'll miss you, your poems, and your talented saddles, but most of all your integrity.

All I guess I can say now, is....Happy Trails pard and I hope to see you down the road. Look us up if you get North and East.

Cheers, with a tear in my eye,

TTB :wink:

Turkey Track Bar said:
JB:

I'd like to say I wish you'd consider staying. I don't believe anyone is any more guilty or innocent in this deal...we are all at fault. From Mr Puncher to me. I'll admit it.

I understand why you want to leave, but would hope you'd reconsider.

If you do go, we'll miss you, your poems, and your talented saddles, but most of all your integrity.

All I guess I can say now, is....Happy Trails pard and I hope to see you down the road. Look us up if you get North and East.

Cheers, with a tear in my eye,

TTB :wink:

Thank you, but I've had my say and I guess I will stick to my guns. I will check in here for a bit for pm's and replies to this posting.

Ain't no one on these threads I hate. But there are a few I enjoy a bit more than others. :wink:

You're a big boy JB and do what you must. But ' cut & run"....never would of thought of you! :wink: :wink:

But feeding in cold weather is one thing....causing pain and braggin' about it is something else. This was my only point and still is.

You had said once you had snuff in your eye and didn't kill you.....sure but you had 2 hands to go wash your eye out!

Honestly....the wilder these tales got the more I began to wonder if they are true.

JB I never expected you to WIMP out of this forum. I reread the "Problem "thread and almost nobody questioned AZ's ability as a "Cowboy" Many questioned his tactics but it never got any rougher then out SD lockout debates.

On the other hand AZ did pretty much insult everybody that owns or works cattle outside of Arizona. You yourself just said that their is many different and difficult places to run cows.
I hate to see you leave under these circumstances as you brought a lot of humor and insight as well as useful information to the board.

Hope to see you around sometime. I will look you up when I'm in the market for a saddle and maybe sooner if you would like to make a pair of Chinks.

BMR

Man i tell you what you little whinin dingbats just dont quit do you you keep pushin the issue i insulted you cause you insulted me and now here when he is tryin to say why he is leaven you ass munches get it started in here and bad mouth me here what is your deal do you have water in your head or just air ? You have got to be the most ignorant people i have ever had the chance to talk to , and no i dont see as whimpin out i look at it and see it as a decent feller tryin to figure out how you can have so many backstabbin little girls all in one place at the same time .

azcowpuncher said:
Man i tell you what you little whinin dingbats just dont quit do you you keep pushin the issue i insulted you cause you insulted me and now here when he is tryin to say why he is leaven you ass munches get it started in here and bad mouth me here what is your deal do you have water in your head or just air ? You have got to be the most ignorant people i have ever had the chance to talk to , and no i dont see as whimpin out i look at it and see it as a decent feller tryin to figure out how you can have so many backstabbin little girls all in one place at the same time .

Well, then if we offend you so badly why do you keep coming back???

You're just a pi$$ant and I'm done with anything to do with you or about you. You seem to brag alot and everyone's all " ohhhh & ahhhhh" at every word, but I'd say you couldn't fill up the boot tracks of more than half the good people here.

Over and out!

azcowpuncher said:
Why do you keep runnin your mouth ?

it is what she does best :lol: :wink:

and this time, the gal hit it right on the head!

kolanuraven said:
You're a big boy JB and do what you must. But ' cut & run"....never would of thought of you! :wink: :wink:

But feeding in cold weather is one thing....causing pain and braggin' about it is something else. This was my only point and still is.

You had said once you had snuff in your eye and didn't kill you.....sure but you had 2 hands to go wash your eye out!

Honestly....the wilder these tales got the more I began to wonder if they are true.

Are you callin' O D Cleaver a liar?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't feel like it is cuttin' a running. I will just go where I will feel like the people share more of my views.

But hey, think what you want, it's still a free country where I come from. You are welcome to your opinions.

And nope, I didn't need two hands to wash my eyes out. My eyes was watering bad enough that it wasn't necessary.

Evidently some on here don';t know it is an old cowboy trick to put snoose or dirt or what have you in a cows eyes to momentarily blind her, so he has a chance to get away from her so as to not get his horse hooked.

Honestly, I am surprised by some of the comments on here about this matter.

I thought there were more people on here who knew what cowboys do in their day to day work and what they learn. Guess I thought there was a lot more knowledgeable folks on here.

If you don't like what others find necessary to do in their day to day operation, fine, but why continue to egg on and get a feller to fighting, just because he knows some things that you don't.

I can find several books that tell of cowboys doing way worse than this and as far as I know, only those uninformed and unknowledgeable people would take offense.

Go ahead, stick around and let them gang up on you Kola, you seem to thrive on it over in Political bull. Life is too short for that, for me to be a part of or watch.

Funny, I never liked to watch fist fights much either, no matter who was right or wrong.

Big Muddy rancher said:
JB I never expected you to WIMP out of this forum. I reread the "Problem "thread and almost nobody questioned AZ's ability as a "Cowboy" Many questioned his tactics but it never got any rougher then out SD lockout debates.

On the other hand AZ did pretty much insult everybody that owns or works cattle outside of Arizona. You yourself just said that their is many different and difficult places to run cows.
I hate to see you leave under these circumstances as you brought a lot of humor and insight as well as useful information to the board.

Hope to see you around sometime. I will look you up when I'm in the market for a saddle and maybe sooner if you would like to make a pair of Chinks.

BMR

You wouldn't want a pair made by a WIMP, I'm sure! :x

and I never took offense as I knew how he meant it.

Yes this is very much the same as the crap that went on with the Lockout.Bullheaded, "by gawd I am right and you are wrong so stick it" attitude.

It sure makes it pretty plain to me why the cattlmen and farmers get run over in this and your country. Hell, we wouldn't stick together on an issure to save our lives.

Naw, you just keep trashing Haymaker and giving Rcalf hell. I'll go where the conversation is more to my way of thinking.

Jinglebob said:
When I speak of driving a team and wagon out to feed cattle at 25 to 30 below tempertures with 25 to 30 mph winds blowing, I suppose some think I am braggin' or lying or both. But I am not. I am only relating things that used to be a very common incident in my winters on this ranch.

:(

never thought you was telling lies, just couldn't figure why you didn't move come spring!!

Jinglebob said:
kolanuraven said:

Are you callin' O D Cleaver a liar?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't feel like it is cuttin' a running. I will just go where I will feel like the people share more of my views.

But hey, think what you want, it's still a free country where I come from. You are welcome to your opinions.

And nope, I didn't need two hands to wash my eyes out. My eyes was watering bad enough that it wasn't necessary.

Evidently some on here don';t know it is an old cowboy trick to put snoose or dirt or what have you in a cows eyes to momentarily blind her, so he has a chance to get away from her so as to not get his horse hooked.

Honestly, I am surprised by some of the comments on here about this matter.

I thought there were more people on here who knew what cowboys do in their day to day work and what they learn. Guess I thought there was a lot more knowledgeable folks on here.

If you don't like what others find necessary to do in their day to day operation, fine, but why continue to egg on and get a feller to fighting, just because he knows some things that you don't.

I can find several books that tell of cowboys doing way worse than this and as far as I know, only those uninformed and unknowledgeable people would take offense.

Go ahead, stick around and let them gang up on you Kola, you seem to thrive on it over in Political bull. Life is too short for that, for me to be a part of or watch.

Funny, I never liked to watch fist fights much either, no matter who was right or wrong.

You must had snuff in your eyes and couldn't read...they stay on my arse...but they've yet to run me off and make me say " Uncle"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But if you want to fall on the sword for AZ...I mean el pendejo` grande....go for it. :roll: :roll:

verte mas adelante todo tú las cogidas estúpidas del granjero, esperar que tienes un buen thumbin de la vida cada otros asno y vaquero del Internet del playin que tú los individuos son el la mayoría retarted a gente he satisfecho siempre con el acception para algunos pero para los mayores adios de la parte tu manojo de ovejas que violaban gunsels

azcowpuncher said:
verte mas adelante todo tú las cogidas estúpidas del granjero, esperar que tienes un buen thumbin de la vida cada otros asno y vaquero del Internet del playin que tú los individuos son el la mayoría retarted a gente he satisfecho siempre con el acception para algunos pero para los mayores adios de la parte tu manojo de ovejas que violaban gunsels

Oh I'd like to read that in english :wink:

JB, dont run off, I used to live in ND, and was born and raised in northeast MT. I know of you and who you are. I know you are a hand sir. Lots of different ways to work stuff. I been horseback in MT, ND, AZ, NM. Lots of different ways to do stuff. But the worst hands I know of are the ones that have never gotten outside of one area. They will not accept that every place and every outfit has good points a fella could pick up. Anyway, that said, stick around, if you care too.

JB, I'm so sorry that there are people that actually make you want to leave the rest of us :cry: We will definately keep in touch with you, and maybe send you some more radishes next summer :wink: Good luck to you.

And Denny, you probably don't want to know what it says in English. If AZ can't post it in English, it probably shouldn't be here.

Latest posts