• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

GOPs: Democrats are so sleazy, they get involved with us

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable said:

I wouldn't be so gleeful, Dis. Corruption - no matter who it's perpetuated by - is bad for this country. I'm just glad we have a system where eventually these weasels (or at least a few of them) get called on it.

Reprinted from NewsMax.com

Thursday, Jan. 5, 2006 12:52 a.m. EST
Hillary Clinton Caught with Abramoff Cash

Unlike many in her party, 2008 presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton has been silent about the influence peddling scandal erupting around lobbyist Jack Abramoff, whose plea bargain with the Justice Department is said to have more than a few on Capitol Hill quaking in their boots.

Now we know why.

Turns out, Mrs. Clinton is among the dozens of Democrats who accepted Mr. Abramoff's tainted contributions.

Clinton spokeswoman Ann Lewis told The Buffalo News on Thursday that "after examining our records we found two contributions for $1,000 from tribes which have been clients of Jack Abramoff in the past."

"To ensure that there is no question of any connection with Mr. Abramoff, Friends of Hillary will contribute the total of $2,000 to a New York charity," Lewis said.

News of Mrs. Clinton's Abramoff connection comes the same day that her 2000 Senate campaign acknowledged it violated Federal Election Commission regulations by hiding hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign cash given by Hollywood mogul Peter Paul.

All this transpires against the backdrop of the Clinton campaign finance scandal of the late 1990s, where millions of dollars of illegal Chinese campaign cash found its way into Democratic Party and Clinton legal defense fund coffers.

The consequences of those transactions dwarf anything expected to emerge from the Abramoff imbroglio.

After Chinese intelligence and U.S. aerospace mogul Bernie Schwartz plied the DNC with donations, the Clinton Commerce Department permitted Schwartz's company, Loral, to share missile guidance technology with Beijing.

The result? By the end of the Clinton administration, China's nuclear-tipped intercontinental ballistic missile fleet was able to reach every city in the U.S.

Cal said:

The result? By the end of the Clinton administration, China's nuclear-tipped intercontinental ballistic missile fleet was able to reach every city in the U.S.

:lol: Keep spinning, Cal. As the corruption scandal of the Republican Congress and White House continues to unfold, you'll have a lot of work to do. :D

I have a great deal of respect for your opinions, Reader, but I'm not sure one can be too partisan these days. When I see what this Admistration and Congress has done to this country, it makes me very unhappy.

Tom DeLay's blatent punishing of corporations if they dared to give money to Democrats is partisan and dangerous. The word compromise has all but disappeared in a Republican dominated government. Bush is naming people who are loyal to him to important positions, whether they're qualified or not. That's partisan and dangerous.

I've always preferred a balanced government, Dems in charge of some branches, Republicans in charge of others. But the blatent dishonesty of Republicans and running roughshod over my Constitutional rights has changed my opinion. The damage this war has done to the Army and my country will take decades to repair, not to mention the deficit.

By all means, check into China. Look at how much of the US debt China owns and what will happen if they decide to stop buying our debt. I'd be interested in reading whatever you come up with.

Disagreeable said:
Cal said:

:lol: Keep spinning, Cal. As the corruption scandal of the Republican Congress and White House continues to unfold, you'll have a lot of work to do. :D
So the whole Chinese nuclear tipped intercontinental balistic missile fleet deal doesn't really bother you? Are the Democrats involved with Abramoff considered to be crooks, in your estimation, or just the Republicans?

Cal said:
Disagreeable said:
Cal said:

So the whole Chinese nuclear tipped intercontinental balistic missile fleet deal doesn't really bother you? Are the Democrats involved with Abramoff considered to be crooks, in your estimation, or just the Republicans?

I haven't seen anything but your claims that "China's nuclear-tipped intercontinental bassistic missle fleet" is a danger to the US. And your record of truth is not very good, in my opinion. I am much more concerned about China owning so much of our debt. Does that bother you at all? And high on the Republican's list of things to do is more tax cuts.

I don't doubt there will be Democrats involved in the Abramoff scandal. But the Republicans have been in charge of the House for ten years and that's where the cancer lies. It may have sent out tenacles into other areas, but Tom DeLay and his K-Street cronies are the source of this particular infection. So while you'll probably try to paint this thing as a bipartsian issue, I'll do my best to show which party was responsible for the "culture of corruption" in our current government.

Disagreeable said:
I'm not sure one can be too partisan these days.

Well, that pretty much sums you up to a T, doesn't it Dis? I'm sure you'd love to see this country go to hell in a handbasket as long as it made the GOP look bad.

Maybe Dis can explain away John Kerry's $98,550 in donations...... from Abramoff?

or this
Sen. John Kerry accepted laundered contributions for his 1996 re-election campaign from the Communist Chinese government and that, in exchange, he may have arranged meetings between Chinese aerospace executives and U.S. government officials.

Obtained from the FBI through Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act requests, the documents are related to the FBI's "Chinagate" investigation into the Clinton campaign's acceptance of contributions from Communist Chinese government sources.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/kerry-contributions.shtml

Why wern't you whining back then about his ethics?

or your 40 other democrats?
40 of 45 members of the Senate Democrat Caucus have taken money from lobbyist Jack Abramoff, his associates and Indian tribe clients.

40 Of The 45 Members Of The Senate Democrat Caucus:

Senator Max Baucus (D-MT) Received At Least – $22,500
Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN) Received At Least – $6,500
Senator Joseph Biden (D-DE) Received At Least – $1,250
Senator Jeff Bingaman (D-NM) Received At Least – $2,000
Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) Received At Least – $20,250
Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA) Received At Least – $21,765
Senator Tom Carper (D-DE) Received At Least – $7,500
Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) Received At Least – $12,950
Senator Kent Conrad (D-ND) Received At Least – $8,000
Senator Jon Corzine (D-NJ) Received At Least – $7,500
Senator Chris Dodd (D-CT) Received At Least – $14,792
Senator Byron Dorgan (D-ND) Received At Least – $79,300
Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) Received At Least – $14,000
Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) Received At Least – $2,000
Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI) Received At Least – $1,250
Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) Received At Least – $45,750
Senator Daniel Inouye (D-HI) Received At Least – $9,000
Senator Jim Jeffords (I-VT) Received At Least – $2,000
Senator Tim Johnson (D-SD) Received At Least – $14,250
Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) Received At Least – $3,300
Senator John Kerry (D-MA) Received At Least – $98,550
Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA) Received At Least – $28,000
Senator Pat Leahy (D-VT) Received At Least – $4,000
Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) Received At Least – $6,000
Senator Joe Lieberman (D-CT) Received At Least – $29,830
Senator Blanche Lincoln (D-AR) Received At Least – $14,891
Senator Barbara Mikulski (D-MD) Received At Least – $10,550
Senator Patty Murray (D-WA) Received At Least – $78,991
Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL) Received At Least – $20,168
Senator Ben Nelson (D-NE) Received At Least – $5,200
Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) Received At Least – $7,500
Senator Mark Pryor (D-AR) Received At Least – $2,300
Senator Jack Reed (D-RI) Received At Least – $3,500
Senator Harry Reid (D-NV) Received At Least – $68,941
Senator John Rockefeller (D-WV) Received At Least – $4,000
Senator Ken Salazar (D-CO) Received At Least – $4,500
Senator Paul Sarbanes (D-MD) Received At Least – $4,300
Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) Received At Least – $29,550
Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) Received At Least – $6,250
Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) Received At Least – $6,250

reader (the Second) said:
Otherwise, how do you explain the Republican Party being so upset with the administration??

Elections are coming up. I wouldn't say every Republican is bad or corrupt. But how many House Republicans have stood up to Bush's blatent misuse of power or Tom DeLay's illegal actions? Virtually none. The Republicans in the House like to claim Dems don't have any ideas or ways to help lthe country, all the while they have refused to let many Dems' bills come to the floor for discussion!

No, the Republicans have been in charge of our government for years and have ignored the Dems. Now that there's a corruption scandal, it's become a "bipartisan" issue. Not going to happen.

To show you how bad they are, Roy Blunt is the leading candidate for DeLay's old job and he has almost as many ties to Abramoff as DeLay! It's laughable to see the Republican House members that voted to change the House Ethics Committee rules so that DeLay could keep his leadership position even after he was indicted now distancing themselves from him and giving their Abramoff money away hand over fist. :lol: :lol:

Hey disagreeable here is a quote from your thread called A Republican Scandal.... "So far there's no proof that even one single Democrat took money from Abramoff".

Seems as though Cal put that thread on ice. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe you should do alittle more research on your talking points before you post another piece of garbage like that. You and people like you are the reason we have problems with our politicians. They know YOU will believe anything. Just a mind numb follower. Unless of coarse you are calling Cal and NewsMax liars.

CHECKMATE

Steve said:
Maybe Dis can explain away John Kerry's $98,550 in donations...... from Abramoff?

You're a liar, Steve. Nothing at the link below says Abramoff gave money to Kerry.

or this
Sen. John Kerry accepted laundered contributions for his 1996 re-election campaign from the Communist Chinese government and that, in exchange, he may have arranged meetings between Chinese aerospace executives and U.S. government officials.

Obtained from the FBI through Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act requests, the documents are related to the FBI's "Chinagate" investigation into the Clinton campaign's acceptance of contributions from Communist Chinese government sources.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/kerry-contributions.shtml

Why wern't you whining back then about his ethics?[/quote]

And your documents all refer to prosecution of Chung, not anything about Kerry acting illegally.

or your 40 other democrats?
40 of 45 members of the Senate Democrat Caucus have taken money from lobbyist Jack Abramoff, his associates and Indian tribe clients.

Not a single link to back up this claim. Typical for you. I have yet to see proof that a single elected Democratic member of Congress has taken money from Abramoff. Nothing you've put out her has shown me to be wrong.

But thanks for bringing this to the top of the page. I had missed it. I'll answer it on the other thread, too, just so you can't miss it.

Steve wrote:

Dis wrote:
You're a liar, Steve. Nothing at the link below says Abramoff gave money to Kerry.

Yes it did, here is even more........

Senator John Kerry (D-MA), who received at least $98,550 in Abramoff-linked cash.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/1/6/100900.shtml

forty of the forty-five members of the Democrat Senate Caucus took money from Jack Abramoff, his associates, and their Indian tribe
clients. These recipients include: Charles Schumer ($29,550), Harry Reid ($68,941), Patty Murray ($78,991), Mary Landrieu, ($28,000),
John Kerry ($98,550), Ted Kennedy ($3,300), Tom Harkin ($45,750), Dick Durbin ($14,000), Barbara Boxer ($20,250), Hillary Clinton ($12,950) and Byron Dorgan ($79,300).

When tallied, Senate Democrats and their national committees accepted $3.1 million from Abramoff, his associates and clients,
compared with $4.3 million in contributions to Republicans. So, the statement that this is exclusively a "Republican scandal" is simply not true.
http://www.capitolhilljournal.com/art000000058.html

Guess you can't explain away Kerry's dirty money so you call me a liar?...

Steve said:
Steve wrote:

Dis wrote:

Yes it did, here is even more........

No. Spin all you want, but the post is still there. Here's the link you posted: http://www.judicialwatch.org/kerry-contributions.shtml
There's nothing there about Kerry taking money from Abramoff. You lied and now you're trying to cover it up.

Senator John Kerry (D-MA), who received at least $98,550 in Abramoff-linked cash.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/1/6/100900.shtml

forty of the forty-five members of the Democrat Senate Caucus took money from Jack Abramoff, his associates, and their Indian tribe
clients. These recipients include: Charles Schumer ($29,550), Harry Reid ($68,941), Patty Murray ($78,991), Mary Landrieu, ($28,000),
John Kerry ($98,550), Ted Kennedy ($3,300), Tom Harkin ($45,750), Dick Durbin ($14,000), Barbara Boxer ($20,250), Hillary Clinton ($12,950) and Byron Dorgan ($79,300).

When tallied, Senate Democrats and their national committees accepted $3.1 million from Abramoff, his associates and clients,
compared with $4.3 million in contributions to Republicans. So, the statement that this is exclusively a "Republican scandal" is simply not true.
http://www.capitolhilljournal.com/art000000058.html

Guess you can't explain away Kerry's dirty money so you call me a liar?...[/quote]

You did lie. Even this thread says "Abramoff-linked cash", not Kerry "took money from Abramoff". That's the Republican spin, try to paint the Dems as diry as they are. I'll try to keep the truth out here: this is a Republican scandal.

Steve wrote;
guess you can't explain away Kerry's dirty money so you call me a liar?...

Dis wrote;
You did lie. Even this thread says "Abramoff-linked cash", not Kerry "took money from Abramoff". That's the Republican spin, try to paint the Dems as diry as they are. I'll try to keep the truth out here.

Maybe you could show how much "Abramoff money" Delay took by your standard of Proof?

And while your at it....How is Communist China's Money any different from taking Abramoff's money?

Both were illigal.....both "doners" were convicted.....both sought to influance the lawmaker by dumping money in thier campaign funds....please enlighten US on how one is the doner's fault and the other is the Politician's fault....?????

Hey steve I don't know how long you have been dealing with these types, maybe longer than me but here's something I learned about them along time ago. No matter what the facts are if it's goes against their party (has nothing to do with beliefs) then no matter how outright obvious it is they will never acknowldege it as truth.
I myself, being a strong supporter of the Republican Party, don't have a problem disagreeing my party. I have my own set of beliefs and morals and if my president, senator, congressman or anybody else does something I don't like then I'll stand up and criticize them for it. Unlike the modern day democrats who have no morals, beliefs or genuine thoughts. If a dem does it it's ok and if a Republican does the exact same thing its lawbreaking and disturbing to them.

I hear the party name is going to be changed for the 2008 elections from Democrat to Hypocrit. :lol:

Steve said:
Steve wrote;
guess you can't explain away Kerry's dirty money so you call me a liar?...

Dis wrote;
You did lie. Even this thread says "Abramoff-linked cash", not Kerry "took money from Abramoff". That's the Republican spin, try to paint the Dems as diry as they are. I'll try to keep the truth out here.

Maybe you could show how much "Abramoff money" Delay took by your standard of Proof?

And while your at it....How is Communist China's Money any different from taking Abramoff's money?

Both were illigal.....both "doners" were convicted.....both sought to influance the lawmaker by dumping money in thier campaign funds....please enlighten US on how one is the doner's fault and the other is the Politician's fault....?????

Slowly now: in your original post you claimed the link proved Kerry took money from Abramoff. It didn't even mention Abramoff's name! Did you admit it like a man? No. You spun and posted another link that still didn't say Kerry took money from Abramoff! And now you attack me? ROTFLMAO! Keep spinning like that and you'll be dizzier than ever.

Taking money from Abramoff is not necessarily illegal. That's why an investigation is ongoing. I don't think Abramoff has been convicted of anything yet. I expect his deal with prosecutors is based on how good and how much info on others he gives them. Certainly the indian tribes have the right to make politicial donations. Kerry was never indicted for anything, Tom DeLay is going to trial pretty soon if he doesn't cop a deal.

Slowly now

You can't have it both ways,,,,,

I never attacked you......I just asked questions. (Questions you can't answer)

Because you have no facts to back up your lies is not me attacking you...it is just you being unable to defend you lies, so you call me a liar......

so instead of attacking could you please answer my Questions.

1.explain away Kerry's dirty money $98,550 from "Abramoff-linked cash"

2. Explain how Kerry recieving Dirty Money from the Chineses is some how acceptable?

3. What Delay actually recieved by "your standards" as Money directly from Abramoff.?

Can't do it ?

Steve said:
Slowly now

You can't have it both ways,,,,,

I never attacked you......I just asked questions. (Questions you can't answer)

Because you have no facts to back up your lies is not me attacking you...it is just you being unable to defend you lies, so you call me a liar......

2. Explain how Kerry recieving Dirty Money from the Chineses is some how acceptable?

3. What Delay actually recieved by "your standards" as Money directly from Abramoff.?

Can't do it ?

ROTFLMAO! You want to change the subject away from the fact that you claimed a posted link showed Kerry took donations from Abramoff, a current Republican scandal by bringing up an old story. I'm not going to bite.

We have a legal system that decides what's legal and what's not. But the fact remains you haven't showed anything that proves Kerry took money from Abramoff, your original claim in this thread. So keep spinning; I'll keep pointing out that it's spin. :)

I just asked questions. (Questions you can't answer)

Can't do it ?

that answer was even worse then your anti Iraq terrorist claim......

if you can't asnswer the Question just say so......your answer that I lied shows you can't........why because you and your liberal sources are the ones spouting half truths and making stuff up......stuff you can't back up!

Latest posts