• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Got distracted moving cows.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tap

Reaction score
Had just a second before I get kicked off the computer, so thought I would quickly add part of todays work. Or whatever it was. :eek: :)

Going to move the cows into the next pasture before they run out of grass. lol.

ranch1241.jpg

As I gathered up this little bunch, I found the spot I am going to hide from the Russians in. When they try and take us over that is. :wink:

ranch1242.jpg

Good thing the peavine is a good feed for the amount of it, and it is really growing.

ranch1197.jpg

Kinda homely ten year old cow, but I like her anyway.

ranch1264-1.jpg

Pushing a few across the crick.

ranch1245.jpg

The crick ran good last week.

ranch1243.jpg

Land submarine.

ranch1238.jpg

Move out!

ranch1237.jpg

Sometimes you have to shake your head at Mother Nature.

ranch1253.jpg

ranch1252.jpg

Framing with nature.

ranch1251.jpg

Just about to the gate.

ranch1267.jpg

You are having too much fun, Tap. You were supposed to be working. :wink:

Great pictures, by the way. I especially like the "Sometimes you have to shake your head at Mother Nature" ones. Keep clickin' as you ride.

Your 10 year old cow--there is a lot of cow there once you get past the ears. They don't have much to offer in the raisin' of a calf anyway. Great pictures.

The first thing I'd be worried about that Ruskie bomb shelter is "how many snakes would I have to share it with... Fell in one of those hunting on the creek few years back- first thought came to mind was "snakehole" and the guys with me said I shot straight back up as fast as I fell.... :roll:

Oldtimer said:
The first thing I'd be worried about that Ruskie bomb shelter is "how many snakes would I have to share it with... Fell in one of those hunting on the creek few years back- first thought came to mind was "snakehole" and the guys with me said I shot straight back up as fast as I fell.... :roll:

I don't think any self respecting snake would want to share that hole with me OT. :wink: As bad as I hate snakes, if I found one in that hole with me, I might be liable to cause an earthquake getting out of there that you could feel in NE MT. :shock:

I read in the paper the other day about a Highway Patrolman over by Columbus that walked up a hill to get some pictures of a hazardous load-- apparently walked right into a snake den-- had two snakes bite him-- shot another (neither of the ones that bit him) for revenge....

Guess they hauled him to the hospital and he came out of it fine...

Looks like plenty cow feed in that big country Tap,and a good calf crop,I will hafta agree with OT on the rooskie bomb shelter,looks like a mighty good place to find a snake or two.
I guess yall have prarie rattlers ? around here it is the diamond back................good luck

Loved your pics as usual Tap...the rock with growth,amazing.

We were in Drumheller this weekend for Gregs rescue competition,I so wanted to get pics of the Badlands and Hoo-Doos for you,but because our mine hosted the competition we were soooo busy...I want to go back just for pic taking,both you and Kola would appreciate them.

Mrs.Greg said:
Loved your pics as usual Tap...the rock with growth,amazing.

We were in Drumheller this weekend for Gregs rescue competition,I so wanted to get pics of the Badlands and Hoo-Doos for you,but because our mine hosted the competition we were soooo busy...I want to go back just for pic taking,both you and Kola would appreciate them.

You know I would have liked to look at those pictures Mrs. Greg. Try and get back someday, and take the camera if you would.

I have to admit that you are one that inspires me to keep taking pictures. I also get to thinking that there is never another day exactly like the one we are having today, and I might as well have a record of it.

I guess you could call this a "Soapweedism", but a quote that I liked comes to mind. I read a quote in a book that was real insightful. This guy said that people have been lamenting the loss of the cowboy for so long that he figured that the second day two cowhands ever trailed a cow, one said to the other that, "Slim this just ain't like it was yesterday". :wink: I don't always feel that way, but it sure is fun to have something to look at after time passes. Jinglebob will feel that way about his branding pictures after some time passes. Heck if I know him, he already feels that way. :shock: :)

Mrs. G, if you do get back to Drumheller, go east past the HooDoo's and East Coulee to Dorothy, and turn south at the bridge so you can go up the hill and get a pic of Circus Coulee. It's a pretty neat circular coulee of badlands and grass mixed. I've moved cattle out of there, and it's an interesting place. Of course most of the Drumheller valley is like that, so I guess a road trip isn't really necessary. Horse Thief Canyon is probably a good photo spot too. I lived just south of there for several years, so of course never actually went down into the canyon, or to a dinosaur museum either.

I hadn't been to Drum since my kids were young and we did the Dino. museum,it is truly a neat place, the museum.That being said the rest of the area in just wonderous with those badlands,its just under a two hour drive on really nice quiet roads,so I'm planning on going again real soon for the picture taking...I'll remember your places DJL.

I love your pics Tap and always enjoy your new day as you post it :)

RE: this ain't like it was yesterday.
We are cleaning out Mom's house. Some old pictures of my grandpa's branding looked like they could have been taken this year, except b&w vs color.

Latest posts