• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Got My Buddy Back

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PureCountry

Reaction score
I posted this in Horses & Dpgs, but that doesn't seem to be getting traffic lately, so I thought I'd share here also. So 11yrs ago I lost a good buddy to some unforeseen circumstances. It's taken alot of work to keep track of his whereabouts, but I swore one day I would get him back. Monday was that day. Bear is now a 14yr old stud, and has been used in registered AQHA herds since we sold him in 2002. He hadn't been ridden in 6 years, until I hauled him to the new place in Rock Creek, BC. Put a blanket on him, a halter and 2 lead ropes. In 5 minutes he remembered everything like an old 4-H pony.

He was always the most gentle natured easy going stud anyone had ever seen. Most people never knew he was a stud until we told them, and it's nice to see he hasn't changed.

Thanks folks, he's a pretty special hayburner. Might even have to find some space on the new spread to give him some girl friends. Would like to have something to carry on his disposition.

And Gcreek, I had to trim up. My 6yr old said she didn't want whisker rubs anymore, so I was to be clean shaven before she'd give another hug. Wrapped around her finger I am. :lol:

Latest posts