• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Granny's Course

Help Support Ranchers.net:

feeder

Reaction score
The course finally paid off for 2 of the 10 grandkids!! We all were able to witness a calf being born last night. The DIL has never seen a calf born so it was really exciting for her along with the kids. After it was all over I pulled up Soapweed's post of "Sunday in the Sandhills" so they could get a clearer idea of the birthing process. So thanks Soapweed for the great pictures. It was a great family bonding time last night at our place!!! I know it was worth holding a yard and barn open for the old mama cows after I seen the family having so much fun last night.

Glad it all worked out for your class project, feeder. It will be a memory that your grandkids will talk about for years.

The birthing process is an amazing deal, but what is almost more amazing is that an old cow can distinguish her own calf out of a thousand other "look alikes." They don't need an eartag to do it, either. :wink: It makes us realize that God has His hand in the whole process; and He sure knew what He was doing when He created the World. :)

See soapweed,,,I knew your expertise photographs would come in handy for a lesson or two...
Glad you had fun and learned sumthing too with your grandkids..feeder..

Latest posts