• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Grass Fire

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Maple Leaf Angus

Reaction score
Any of you Albertan's close to that fire out there?

Looking out my window, I would be glad to see a little grass right now. We had bare ground last week this time and now we have 1 1/2 feet of snow.

Mrs.Greg

Reaction score
We're not,they're in southern Alberta by Carsland although one could easily start and be spread here.The last two days we have had crazy wind and apparently that was a big part of not being able to get the fire under control!This is NOT normal,a prairie fire in Feb.

Liberty Belle

Reaction score
We're getting that crazy wind today, but we also got about a 1/2 inch of snow cover last night. Hopefully that will be enough to cut the fire danger. The grass is tinder dry here and it wouldn't take much of a spark to burn us all out. We were really happy to see that little bit of snow on the deck this morning.

Jason

Reaction score
Carstairs and Calgary aren't Southern Alberta, I am 100 miles South and still in Alberta.
:wink:
The news said everyone was allowed home last night about 6 no homes lost.

Mrs.Greg

Reaction score
Thats south to us :lol:I guess thats like saying Edmonton is in Northern Alberta.I was born and raised Calgary,from mountains on is southern Alta. to me :lol:

Latest posts