• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Grass rent

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
have a neighbor who has offered me a quarter of grass. I was wondering what most guys are paying for grass rent by the acre..... here we range from 15 to 22. all depends on who does the fence and thistle

How many cows can you run on a quarter per summer? Around here it takes about 5 acers to summer a cow and rent is about 30-40 dollars an acre. Some guys charge per head and it is $1-1.30 a day.

In our area most goes for $15-$20 an acre. Need 3 to 4 acres per cow.
It's cheaper than owning it, if you can find it.

efb

$100-120 for a summer is about what your going to look at for a cow/calf pair in our area. Right about $20 an acre. Last I remember you aren't much south of us so that should be about right. Of course we have a piece we pay $130 for a summer and have to do all the fence. So if there is any big pastures for rent down there please let me know. lol

We apy by the pair around here. On leased irrigated, I might pay up to $20.00 a pair, generally I am at $15.00. On Range pasture, I have a friend that pays $12.00 on Some Boise Cascade,

PPRM

Jake,

I am near the Lovewell lake, where the sheep die on most of the grass due to the years of over grazing..... buffalo grass has become too dominant, I am trying to re-establish bluestem and other taller grasses.

sure get jealous when I get down into the Flinthills of Kansas. Cattle get fat just looking at those pastures!

Latest posts