• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Gratitude List

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kris said:
SWEETBASIL----HERE IS TO A NEW MONTH AND LEAVING APRIL BEHIND!! I PRAY THAT MAY IS MUCH GENTLER ON YOU!! BEST WISHES TO YOU!!! :D

Hi Kris,
Thanks so much for your kind words. May will be a wonderful month, with new hope and new miracles!
:D

Today I am grateful for arriving home safe from school.

I been thinking of my auntie Judy, who passed away three years ago. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to spent quality time with her. I must say that I miss her sense of humor, hearing her talk about politics, the way she welcomed every holiday, with great enthusiasm to make sure the house was decorated to perfection. I miss her friendship too. I just want to thank her for enriching my life in so many different ways. I know that she is probably making some really good pecan pies for "Charlie" and the whole gang in heaven since she loved cooking and baking for everyone.

Today I am grateful that it is Friday and soon a new month will be arriving in my life.

Today I am grateful to realized how true I am to myself and acknowledge the boundaries that I want others to respect.

I think it is more difficult for women at times to have firm boundaries than it is for men. We as women tend to let our gentle side dominate how we feel about others, and how we want others to treat us.

I hope that mothers are teaching their daughters to stand up for their beliefs and set boundaries for others to respect; if we teach our young women to practice these simple tools in their lives, they will grow up to become more confident in their adulthood.

It has been 4 months and 7 days since I arrived in Minnesota. It sure has been quite the journey. I must say, that today I am grateful for being a doer and a person of personal integrity. Let me give you back a quick overview about Sweetbasil has done in the past two days....

As I mentioned before, I am in a rotational program for the first year; they call it, an "Executive in Training" and we do projects for different departments within the different pyramids of the company. I completed all of my four projects, but gave the presentation of my home-based project to the Asia team on Thursday. I was asked to optimize a Macro Model that is use every year for the Lunar New Year celebrations - get the Purchase Orders before the holidays, yet, pick the best vessels and slow some of them in the process so that they don't arrive too early, but just in time. Our team overseas use this model, and they believe it didn't worked. Yes, there were some errors that were pointed out to me in the first meeting.

I learned their processes and familiarized myself with the different data components that are used to run this model. I collaborated with the transportation team who specialize in such models, dissected the model in every shape and form, documented the findings, and made recommendations. After hours of research, the issues were due to human error. The model works well as it was built; however, my team members in Asia did not believe that it did when I presented the recommendations. I received tons of recommendations early (4AM) on Wednesday and Thursday of last week, telling me to go back and ensure that it does this and that... Fine, I knew the model well, so I wasn't going to go back and do any changes the last minute. I carried out a good meeting, but knew right of way that they weren't convinced of what I was telling them - the model works well-

My week was very busy, and had several meetings on Friday as I am starting my second rotation and getting familiar with the processes to do this new set of projects. I received another email with the same hesitation and the overall message was that they don't believe that it works....

I put a lot of effort in what I do and I don't like for someone to question my work... So, I knew it was my responsibility to show them that it works well indeed. I tailor my research specifically to that person's concerns and for every concern, I run the model again and took screen shots to prove that it was meeting the constraint and show that it does work... I got to work at 7 and left the office at 7:45 PM the minute I completed this work and sent it off... I know I don't work doing physical work, but mentally I work quite hard... My brain feels like a tripled fried pickle, and I had a few things to do with some friends, but turn them down. I haven't felt so tired mentally for a long time. Sometimes I wondered if I am meant to be here, and I feel that I do.

I asked God for pointers to let me know that I am meant to be here, and he sends me little clues every so often. We had the welcoming meeting for this rotation, and I introduced myself to some managers and directors. I know two of the directors for the transportation rotation as I am station there, but one. I didn't get to talked to some people as it was rather a quick get to know type of thing. I ended connecting with the VP of Transportation, he lived in the same city in CA during the same period of time that we did! We were sharing similar stories to the other people who were with us- there is truly only 6 degrees of separation. I saw this man in the elevators two weeks ago, never did I introduced myself, but we exchanged a few words - I always wish people a good day, and that day he was just another team member that I reach out. It hit me that he is the VP of transportation after we finished the conversation and he got up and gave a little introduction about himself. We are four people in the program, and we were asked to introduce ourselves. I don't know how to sell myself and won't start now, so I shared a few things with the group. One of them, he is very ambitious so he gave the big selling speech- So, I am grateful today that I am able to relate to other people, and glad that I know someone in this company who is humble, started at the bottom and has made his way to the top, but that I know someone from the "hood." I am also grateful for my personal integrity and accountability that I have for my work. I must say, it has been quite the week, and as much as I wished I didn't needed to have to write my research differently to convince her that my recommendations are on target, I was glad to that I did it, now I can get some rest before going back on Monday.

Yes, it was quite the week and I still feel like a fried pickle! I won't be able to make it to church tomorrow -so I am not very happy about that... I like my job and very grateful to have it, but working and being around thousands of people in one building can be mentally exhausting ... Another reason why I appreciate the country lifestyle :)

The difference between a Fried Pickle and a Normal Pickle is as follow:

A NP is usually has a very rich color from the outside representing freshness and rich in health. The inside is crunchy symbolizing youth which can challenge any set of teeth, yes, even dentures!it is usually short and curvy, but willing to try the greatest physics and mental challenges- being put through te jar of vinegar is always a challenge, but this NP I Can Do Attitude gets him through it... In the other hand, a FP, is like a couch potatoe, it only wants up lay down as it is already exhausted prior to even being dipped into a pool of flour and the in a sea of warm lard. It dives into the seaway all ill gnaw but by the times it gets out it doesn't have any neurons left; therefore, it makes it difficult to transition from one task to another... After getting it of the sea, it is left with a wall of grease and feeling powerless to dive into any task for the immediate future....

Latest posts