• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Grazing Fees

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DosArroyos

Reaction score
Is a dollar per day,per head,too much for wheat grazing? I can feed protein for about 1/2 that price per day and I have the time to do it.What will it lower my hay consumption with them being on wheat? That's really my question.

Not much experience grazing wheat but I think some dry hay fed would help the calves digest more out of the wheat. I would think if they can have their fill of wheat they wouldn't be eating a lot of hay.

wheat is good feed. I don't feed hay, just salt . 1 dollar per is a good enough price if there's plenty of wheat..
expect bloat.

redrobin said:
wheat is good feed. I don't feed hay, just salt . 1 dollar per is a good enough price if there's plenty of wheat..
expect bloat.

You should be able to find a wheat and legume grazer mineral to help with bloat.
We (Vigortone) has that product. You can message me if you want to know more.

Good luck!

Faster horses said:
redrobin said:
expect bloat.

You should be able to find a wheat and legume grazer mineral to help with bloat.

Good luck!
FH, I don't think those people in Arkansas use mineral. They're mostly anti-vaxxers and probably think a sulphur salt block is a complete mineral program.

Texan said:
Faster horses said:
redrobin said:
expect bloat.

Good luck!
FH, I don't think those people in Arkansas use mineral. They're mostly anti-vaxxers and probably think a sulphur salt block is a complete mineral program.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Texan said:
Faster horses said:
redrobin said:
expect bloat.

Good luck!
Mostly true. We don't think we landed on the moon, jfk was killed by a lone gunman or that Elvis is dead either. Don't burst our bubble. It's a mental utopia here.

Latest posts