• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Grazing public land

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jingo2 said:
jodywy said:
jingo2 said:
So many of you here despise ANY government interaction and want less government in your life......THEN why do you not practice what you preach and quit using/leasing gov't /Federal land?

Put your actions where your mouth is...................

when you have a irrigated base land deeded and the Federal Government owns 70% of the land around you most places can only run economical numbers with permits to graze. Or Develope and and do away with alot of the widlifes winter range

YUP just like the logger, the oil and gas man with his rough necks, just like the miner , and also the outfitters, they all need public land to make ends meet.
So for you to make money you have to take advantage of the PUBLIC lands to make your living....

So, it's OK to take advantage of Fed programs IF...IF...IF it benefits YOU!!

jodywy said:
jingo2 said:
jodywy said:
when you have a irrigated base land deeded and the Federal Government owns 70% of the land around you most places can only run economical numbers with permits to graze. Or Develope and and do away with alot of the widlifes winter range

YUP just like the logger, the oil and gas man with his rough necks, just like the miner , and also the outfitters, they all need public land to make ends meet.
So for you to make money you have to take advantage of the PUBLIC lands to make your living....

~~~~

So, with that in mind, you need the welfare of the public to make a living.

Sounds like someone has their snout in the tax payers trough!!!!!

If you can't make a living WITHOUT the public help.....should you be in business at all then?

jingo2 said:
jodywy said:
jingo2 said:

~~~~

So, with that in mind, you need the welfare of the public to make a living.

Sounds like someone has their snout in the tax payers trough!!!!!

If you can't make a living WITHOUT the public help.....should you be in business at all then?

the land was public long before the Government took it over.

Nice to see that some of the PRODUCERS can make use of it and contribute tax revenue to those that do not produce

jingo2 said:
So many of you here despise ANY government interaction and want less government in your life......THEN why do you not practice what you preach and quit using/leasing gov't /Federal land?

Put your actions where your mouth is...................

Real limited government interaction and less government would be deed restricting the land and selling in at an auction on the private market..

for the government to own a majority of the range land for no other reason but to appease environmentalists is wrong..

it erodes the local tax base and puts an unnecessary burden on citizens who must then support a bureaucracy to "manage" the taken land...

so yes I support less government.. and less government interference..

just not your liberal version of it...

jingo2 said:

If I came in with the full force of the US government,. and seized your land/property and made a bunch of rules you would have two choices.. move out and find a new job, or kiss my a--....

and just like the BLM,.. We would both just be happier if you just moved out..

Article 1 Section 8: U.S.Constitution;

reads in part,
Congress shall have the power to.....

.... exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;

I have been elk hunting in the rockies and didn't pay a dime, like every other hunter. I have been back packing and horse riding, and again- didn't pay a dime. I have been fishing in many of the upper lakes, didn't pay a dime.

Who is taking advantage of the land for free?
:D

When over 50% of the entire state of Utah is "owned" by the federal government, many of us would not ranch without using publuc land. We take better care of it than a lot of folks do with their private. We have book learned experts telling us how to run cows on ranges we have been stewards over for multiple generations. We deal with hunting, off-roading, tree-huggers and every other type of people while trying to turn a profit in an area that averages 12 inches of water in a year. Yeah, it's defitanely a little cheaper than leasing private. But with all the redtape and headaches that come with it, it sure ain't the cakewalk some of ya'll make it out to be. I will take a smaller federal government EVERY time. How about they give Utah it's land and make national parks in Long Island? How about the federal government quits litagating ranching families and allows them to take care of the land way better than some college degree kid with a liberal agenda and a job with the BLM? Every taxpayer in America has loopholes like deducting mortgages. We give subsides to corn growers, tax breaks to industrial plants, movie studios, office buildings, we grant zoning desisions based on what a company offers a town or city in job creation. Why shouldn't a rancher in a state overwhelmed by federal land get a small break on lease costs? Until nobody gets a tax break, EVER, i will pay my fare share and not one dime more! If you wanta ranch out west where grazing is "FREE" come on out and show us how it is done. Or maybe not, just make the best of what you know and where you dwell. We got more than enough "experts" steering us to extinction already.

leanin' H said:
When over 50% of the entire state of Utah is "owned" by the federal government, many of us would not ranch without using publuc land. We take better care of it than a lot of folks do with their private. We have book learned experts telling us how to run cows on ranges we have been stewards over for multiple generations. We deal with hunting, off-roading, tree-huggers and every other type of people while trying to turn a profit in an area that averages 12 inches of water in a year. Yeah, it's defitanely a little cheaper than leasing private. But with all the redtape and headaches that come with it, it sure ain't the cakewalk some of ya'll make it out to be. I will take a smaller federal government EVERY time. How about they give Utah it's land and make national parks in Long Island? How about the federal government quits litagating ranching families and allows them to take care of the land way better than some college degree kid with a liberal agenda and a job with the BLM? Every taxpayer in America has loopholes like deducting mortgages. We give subsides to corn growers, tax breaks to industrial plants, movie studios, office buildings, we grant zoning desisions based on what a company offers a town or city in job creation. Why shouldn't a rancher in a state overwhelmed by federal land get a small break on lease costs? Until nobody gets a tax break, EVER, i will pay my fare share and not one dime more! If you wanta ranch out west where grazing is "FREE" come on out and show us how it is done. Or maybe not, just make the best of what you know and where you dwell. We got more than enough "experts" steering us to extinction already.
The fee might be cheap but the riding, flying, and repairs when I figured it up if you could find private pasture it came out close to the same or cheaper as there was less time, less loss. Thing is there not much private for lease. Then using my own land property tax is cheap here, other then opportunity cost it cheaper still to run on one paid off deeded land.

Latest posts