• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Greatest singers of all time

Help Support Ranchers.net:

greg said:
26.Chris Ladoux{although nu.1 in my books}

My old room mate had been Chris's room mate befor me

I don'e see Garth on here - His hero was Chris also.

After work I was riding colts for Big Moneyed Ranch - when the rains started they/he bought a covered arena so I could ride at night,

We had a Class A+ sound system - enjoied most of the old music - funny how the Horses would pick-up the beat. I could slow a horse way down with Gun Fighter Music

Then there was the Carter Family

Lester Flat and Eral Scrugs - - Little Jimmy Dickens and his dirty mouth and I don't think I saw Merle Haggert

Mrs.Greg said:
Canadian singers...Goerge Canyon{his voice is wow}....Paul Brandt{awesome voice}

Could not agree with you more there, Mrs. Greg!!! Both are truly talented men!! The hubby reminded me that I forgot one of his newer favorites....Josh Turner (Long Black Train and Your Man) and the new talent of Jeff Bates (got the voice of the late, great Conway Twitty)! :D

Mike said:
You're all wrong. It's VERN GOSDIN.

The "VOICE".

I was wonderin' if someone was gonna come up with THE VOICE. In my opinion, vocal talent is about what some people CAN do, and what others CANNOT. I've never heard anyone's voice that could compare to Vern Gosdin or Marty Robbins.

I'd also give a vote to an old time baritone - Tennessee Ernie Ford. (I grew up with the classics)

Vern Gosdin: sounds the best
Waylon Jennings: sings the best songs
Not taking "not on the radar into consideration."

We were looking through some old records last night, and my oldest son was overjoyed to fing one of Al Martino singing "Mary in the Morning". It is a pretty song.

Jody Miller was a favorite of mine back in the '70's.

The Righteous Brothers do a pretty fair job of "Unchained Melody", but Marty Robbins does it better.

Donna Fargo ("Happiest Girl in the Whole USA") and the Statler Brothers!! Sheeeeeeshhhhh...how could I have forgotten them!!! :shock: :oops:

I took willie nelson off the list,he dont belong with this group............good luck

:D George Straight..............he's been around for years and still making hits! Plus he's aged well! :p

I think Josh Turner has a very nice voice also more like what country used to be before it tried to :? cross over.

George Strait and Amarillo by morning is good enough for me. Plus he's the real deal. He made his living doing what we do before he made the big bucks.

Latest posts