• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Greetings from sunny Florida!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Swede

Reaction score
Hey guys just checking in, the sun was getting a little hot by the pool anyway. :lol: The family and I came down Tuesday and will be here till Sunday morning. Spent two days at Universal Studios and off to Sea World today. We booked a deep sea fishing excursion for tomorrow but the storm in the northeast might make the ocean too rough. Hope everyone is doing fine in the great white north.

We could go on vacation tooo, if we were smart and moved our calving to a later date like Swede did......

burnt said:
Insert knife.

Twist.

You have it down to an art.

I totally agree with ya burnt! Cruel and unusual punishment. I hope a jellyfish bites ya! :D :D Good luck fishing and take some pictures for us that had to stay home please. :D

ND Farmer said:
We could go on vacation tooo, if we were smart and moved our calving to a later date like Swede did......

What are you worried about you are in the field anyways :wink: And you where on vacation yesterday! After we where done running cows through you went to the sale in town. And I get to go see my mother in law this weekend :(

The pool!!! The beach!!! Are you nuts? It's the middle of winter for us. The water must be in the 60's! You probably go out for ice cream after dinner don't you?

Be careful at the beach, the blacktip sharks are moving through and while not deadly, they will bite you and mess up your vacation. Also, the winter causes bad rip currents and undertows that will drag you out to sea if you don't know what you're doing.

Be careful and enjoy yourself. Heck, if you look hard enough you might even find a cow or two.

Shortgrass said:
Enjoy the traffic on the way to the beach :wink: .

Yep-- that's the reason I have no hankering to go to any beachs or retirement/vacation areas...

This is about all the traffic jam and high population area I want to see :

75063_543037322403235_1887688115_n_zps0bfbb501.jpg

Big Swede said:
Hey guys just checking in, the sun was getting a little hot by the pool anyway. :lol: The family and I came down Tuesday and will be here till Sunday morning. Spent two days at Universal Studios and off to Sea World today. We booked a deep sea fishing excursion for tomorrow but the storm in the northeast might make the ocean too rough. Hope everyone is doing fine in the great white north.
We will just miss you by a couple of weeks. We head out the end of the month. Our water is at 32F or colder, and hard to swim through in solid form. Florida looks pretty inviting right now.

gcreekrch said:
If I want to sweat I can just leave my coat on and get busy. :wink: :D

Hope you are having a great time!

Busy doing What??? :liar:

Well we got a message from Capt. Joe yesterday that the waves are from 6 to 8 feet high. So there won't be a fishing excursion. Also are warnings about the rip tides. I think we will at least go for a walk on the beach since I've never seen the ocean. If worse comes to worse I guess I could always go play a round of golf. :lol: 8)

Big Swede said:
Well we got a message from Capt. Joe yesterday that the waves are from 6 to 8 feet high. So there won't be a fishing excursion. Also are warnings about the rip tides. I think we will at least go for a walk on the beach since I've never seen the ocean. If worse comes to worse I guess I could always go play a round of golf. :lol: 8)

Yeah, don't bring home no sand fleas and the sand chiggers are bad this time of the year on the beach.. Golf?? Make sure and take precautions there too!

Bust'in my butt here in the snow trying to save the lives of a few herd bulls you might need next year!!! Just kidding, it's a real nice snow were getting, and I hope you and the crew are having a great time. Stopped in and checked your bulls out on Wednesday after coming home from sorting heifers down at Winner. They look real good. By the way I really missed your talents at the fish fry last night :mad: :mad: Have a safe trip home and I'll talk to you when you get back.

Too bad you won't be around next week as that's when spring turkey season begins. We have osceolas on our place in Volusia County. They're not a real big turkey but they are the hardest of the species to get as their range is so small. If by chance you are around next Saturday, email me and I'll get you in a pasture for a morning hunt.

We got home this evening, wow what a long day! We got up at 4:30 am local time which is 2:30 our time and of course 1:30 old time to catch our flight. No I'm not looking for sympathy, just sayin' it's 7:00 and I'm ready for bed.

OK cracker hand I've got questions. We drove from Orlando to Cocoa Beach, you're welcome for the help paying for your road by the way, and there was a field on the south side of the freeway and there must have been 50 tractors hooked to 50 different implements and it looked like they were all doing little test strips of some sort. What's up with that? Also I noticed that there were a few pastures/fields that had apparantly been sprayed to kill the palm trees? It looks to me that those things will take over if nothing is done. Also I've got to say I enjoyed my time at the beach. Yeah the water was cold at first till you got used to it but I only went in to my knees. By the way H, I did find a jellyfish washed up on the shore, but I didn't let him sting me. Not sure why but Christopher Columbus came to mind as I was staring off into the distance. It took a lot of courage to sail across that big pond not knowing if you would ever see land again. Anyway I digress, I gotta go to bed, I'm starting to see double.
:roll:

Not exactly sure what fields you were looking at but my guess would be development. You see the palms in what is a swampy area mostly. Long before we decided we knew better than Mother Nature, these areas were flood zones for the rivers in the area. The rivers would flood and then recede, leaving the sediments on the banks and fields. Those areas now have ditches in them so more cattle, crops and homes can sit on dry land now. This pretty much ruined the rivers as they no longer cleaned themselves.

Interestingly though, you went right by the Deseret Ranch owned by the Mormons. It's a huge spread and I believe the largest cow/calf operation in the US. By the way they just asked permission to develop their land to create another city.

By the way, thanks for the tolls! Not sure where the money is going but I'm sure our honest politicians are taking good care of the profits. :roll:

Latest posts