• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Gun Ban List

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We as a nation have already have outlawed "assault weapons" all this would do is put more stupid regulations on law abiding Americans. As one famous American said "Give me liberty or give me death"

reader (the Second) said:
Oldtimer said:
Ben H- I'm not a gun control fanatic-- but do recognize thru time that as the technological advances came along it was necessary for the countries lawmakers to set some rules and regulations- which has been held up by the Supreme Court thru the years and even in their latest broader ruling...

But like I say- those that support anyone and everyone having access to any kind or type of weapon will be those that eventually lose us all our weapons...
Many already see all gun folks as extremists- and than when these gun groups support ownership of guns that have no real use or design than to kill people or fight wars- this fuels the fire...

Most moderate- and middle of the road folks- even gun owners can't see why anyone would want to or need to own weapons designed only for fighting wars and killing people...And the argument that they are needed to take on their subversive government- or protect themselves from the military- or makes them look more like whackjobs- and loses them more support...About the same as saying everyone needs a LAWS rocket in the closet......

I don't think assault weapons should be banned- but I do think there should be a much greater background check/restrictions for ownership- limits on amounts bought- so they can't be just fronting for some gangbanger group and buying 100's at a time- and tracing put on every one sold....

This is an excellent post and a point of view that I hope most of you can agree with. You should read it several times frankly and think about why you disagree, if you disagree.

AND WHAT PROBLEMS WILL THIS SOLVE?

PLease tell me what banning a mini 14 will do? How many of yall have one for shooting coyotes? Hmmmm Most farms here have atleast 2.
My 10-22 will be banned as well it is "semi auto" with 25 shot magazine. Hail this is a slippery sloop that obama is taking at a run

Oldtimer said:
Ben H- I'm not a gun control fanatic-- but do recognize thru time that as the technological advances came along it was necessary for the countries lawmakers to set some rules and regulations- which has been held up by the Supreme Court thru the years and even in their latest broader ruling...
Just because the Supreme Court ruled something, it doesn't make it right. They are supposed to interprut the law, not legislate from the bench which is exactly what they are doing by supporting any form of gun control.

But like I say- those that support anyone and everyone having access to any kind or type of weapon will be those that eventually lose us all our weapons...

Allowing us to have access to every type of weapon, allowing us to be as armed as possible, simply makes it that much less likely that we would ever need to use them. Isn't that why America has so many Nukes? By having so many we shouldn't need to use them.

Many already see all gun folks as extremists- and than when these gun groups support ownership of guns that have no real use or design than to kill people or fight wars- this fuels the fire...
Sorry, but once again the Second Ammendment has nothing to do with hunting and shooting paper. Do you think Thomas Jefferson would have a problem with citizens owning an AR-15? My guess is he would prefer for them to have an M-16. You logic about having no use other then to kill people can also be used against handguns.

Most moderate- and middle of the road folks- even gun owners can't see why anyone would want to or need to own weapons designed only for fighting wars and killing people...And the argument that they are needed to take on their subversive government- or protect themselves from the military- or makes them look more like whackjobs- and loses them more support...About the same as saying everyone needs a LAWS rocket in the closet......

Moderates and middle of the road folks are the ones who are willing to give up a little liberty at a time, that is something I have a problem with. The so called "assault weapons" aren't used for fighting wars, I don't know of a single military who issus AR-15's or semi-auto AK's. The fact is the second is about fighting Tyranny, hopefully it should serve as a deterent and you won't need to fight the said Tyranny in the first place.

I don't think assault weapons should be banned- but I do think there should be a much greater background check/restrictions for ownership- limits on amounts bought- so they can't be just fronting for some gangbanger group and buying 100's at a time- and tracing put on every one sold....

I'll agree that someone shouldn't be "frontlining for some gangbanger group", but I don't think we should infringe on everyones rights for that scenario. You punish them with the existing laws.

The underlying problem is the fact that the anti gun movement has given guns and gun owners a bad image. That is where I give credit to Dr. Piazza at Front Sight Institute in Nevada. He is doing everything he can to attaract influential people to Front Sight and show them the truth.

MsSage, you don't like the last part of the quote in your signature? "It is it's natural manure".

Allow me to expand on the quote that someone used a piece of
" Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! "
-Patrick Henry

Notice my quote in my signature, it directly applies to this discussion.

Oldtimer said:
Sandhusker said:
OT, "I don't think assault weapons should be banned-..."

Well then, my friend, why have you been defending a ban?

I don't think I have- I've been defending the right to ban them or regulate them- just like machine gun ownership has been regulated....I prefer regulation....That is why I've always thought it would be in the best interest of both the pro gun and the anti gun to work together to come up with a compromise law-- rather than both their set in stone stances...

You'd best go back and read the words that your other face spoke.

BTW OT, it is already illegal for 12 year old kids to run the streets with automatic weapons. In most cities they could not go down the street with a single shot 22. It is illegal for them to buy ammo including 22 rat shot.

What are you driving at? Are you just running your head again trying to incited more panic for your liberal gun freaks? You know good and well it is already illegal for kids to have the things you want laws for.

Trinity man said:
I know those AR15 fully automatic would be nice hunting wild hogs. I could kill a herd of them then. :D[/quote

The AR15 is a kick...kills lots of gophers and give us a chance to get a second shot at a coyote (that has been harassing our calves, by the way) on the run :D

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."~Thomas Jefferson

That's a good one, Ben and the truth. Our daughter, my spouse and myself have a number of those guns in the gun cabinet.....just let them try to take 'em away. We'll be ready.......................

I would rather be a neighbor to a person who had numerous AR-15's several shotguns and numerous semiauto pistols than criminal(thug, gangbanger etc) with a single shot 22

Has anybody noticed that none of our gun-control whack jobs has explained what problem this gun ban will fix?

What bothers me about the Moonbats and Gun Control is that there are laws in all 50 states that make it illegal "to shoot" or "threaten to shoot" someone with a gun................no matter what kind of gun it is...................

aplusmnt said:
Sandhusker said:
Reader, "Second, gun rights advocates do need to work with the anti folks to solve the problem in a WORKABLE way instead of yelling Second Amendment and Constitution."

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? You ban AR-15s and that solves WHAT?

Just shows you how silly Liberals are, The AR 15 shoots the same bullet as the Ruger mini 14 Ranch rifle, but because one is shaped in the same style as an M 16 military rifle they want to ban it. Just more fluff and no substance from the Liberal!

Actually some AR's are chambered for .223 and some for the NATO 5.56. Check the barrel. If it says 5.56 use 5.56. The mini 14 is .223. But the point remains, there is not a nickels worth of difference other than the 5.56 is a bit less expensive. One just looks "military". A lot of fun to shoot.

Only shoot .223 in a .223, .223 can be fired in a 5.56 no problem. So if you're in the market, make sure you get the one in 5.56.

There are a couple of types of ammo for the military. But the most common is the M855 (US)/SS109(NATO) round with a green tip. It is going for big bucks if you can find it due to it being the standard issue over seas. It's a 62 gr round (instead of the typical 55 gr, it has a steel core/penetrator (you can pick the loose bullets up with a magnet) and it's designed to break in half on entry to create two wound channels. I forgot the number for the 55 gr

TexasBred said:
aplusmnt said:
Sandhusker said:
Reader, "Second, gun rights advocates do need to work with the anti folks to solve the problem in a WORKABLE way instead of yelling Second Amendment and Constitution."

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? You ban AR-15s and that solves WHAT?

Just shows you how silly Liberals are, The AR 15 shoots the same bullet as the Ruger mini 14 Ranch rifle, but because one is shaped in the same style as an M 16 military rifle they want to ban it. Just more fluff and no substance from the Liberal!

Actually some AR's are chambered for .223 and some for the NATO 5.56. Check the barrel. If it says 5.56 use 5.56. The mini 14 is .223. But the point remains, there is not a nickels worth of difference other than the 5.56 is a bit less expensive. One just looks "military". A lot of fun to shoot.

.223 & 5.56 chambers are nearly identical except for "Leade" (throat) in which the 5.56 may shoot heavier bullets (with faster twist barrels)

You may shoot .223's in the 5.56, but the 5.56 (with heavy bullets) shot in a .223 will sometimes rupture a primer (or other pressure problems)

I swap back in forth betwen 5.56 and .223, that's why I make sure I bought my barrels in 5.56.

Due to the ammo cost, I want to buy a .22 conversion kit (not an entire upper), I did a break even analysys and it should pay for itself after about 450 rounds.

Sandhusker said:
Has anybody noticed that none of our gun-control whack jobs has explained what problem this gun ban will fix?

Still no answers....... but they're in favor of it...... :roll:

The AR 15 shoots the same bullet as the Ruger mini 14 Ranch rifle
The mini 14 IS on the ban list sorry apps
Even my 10-22 is on since I have a 25 round clip PLEASE tell me what banning my lil pea shooter will do to stop gangs and crime?

Latest posts