• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Had a Western Themed day.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
Woke up early and went downtown in Calgary to have breakfast with 500 of my closest friends. Met many interesting folks including our Chief of Defence, the Chief of NORAD, the Mayor of Calgary and several other MP's and Ministers. Sat at breakfast with my MP and his wife. Afterwards went down to the grounds to meet more interesting people like the Stampede Queens of Calgary and Australia. Turns out one of the projects I worked on in a former life went through the property of the Aussie Queens parents place. Finished the day off at a reception with the Premier and other self important folks. Saw Rick Hanson a couple of times as he was the parade marshal. Had an especially nice visit with Senator Elaine McCoy, looking forward to seeing her in Ottawa.

The general theme revolves around horses. This one was a little stiff.
July2011127.jpg

Security was everywhere. The city police had some pretty nice rides. This is for BMR, I also saw a Harley Roadster as a police vehicle.
July2011224.jpg

A Royal and not so Royal wave. 8)
July2011148.jpg

Met this guy at breakfast.
July2011155.jpg

A large selection of mighty fine horses to choose photo's from.
July2011180.jpg

And a few not so mighty fine rides. :?
July2011185.jpg

July2011205.jpg

Saw several Hockey players, none a big as this one.
July2011247.jpg

As always a few of our neighbors like to come and enjoy the events.
July2011297.jpg

No parade is complete without a few tractors.
July2011316.jpg

And a few dozen marching bands.
July2011317.jpg

A couple of bronzes. The second one moved when I was having a look at it. :shock: :shock:
July2011319.jpg

July2011320.jpg

Firing up for some shoeing.
July2011327.jpg

Security ending this thread.
July2011328.jpg

If it's the same fellow on the steer he is from up around Rimbey or Bentley. Lane saw him one morning when he was out there hauling oil and stopped and had a visit with along the road. :D

Great pics :D

I'll bet it was a fun parade and it sounds like you really enjoyed yourself with all the folks ya met along the way...Thanks for posting the pictures...

Latest posts