• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hangin' Tree Cowdog database

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Our Hangin' Tree Holly E75304 was a PB Aussie By Hangin' Tree Spook E50739.

She was when Gary E. had Aussies and Border Collies and was just starting his Hangin' Tree mix.

Hi Big Muddy, this database doesn't include Aussies, this is just a database of Hangin' Tree Cowdogs- Gary's cowdog mix. There are other website databases that have Aussies.

Here's an Aussie database: http://www.hrdndog.com/pedigrees/
Spook is in there, I didn't see your Holly. If you want, there's a page there you can use to add her to the database.

Hi Alabama, a Hangin' Tree Cowdog is a composite breed created in Idaho/Oklahoma by Gary and Choc Ericsson. They used mostly Border Collie, some Kelpie, Catahoula, and one Australian Shepherd (HT Black Bear) in the mix to create a dog that suited their way of working cattle and the terrain/elements where they used their dogs. HTCs are fetching dogs and you train them like a Border Collie. To be registered a HTC has to be slick or short haired, have a docked tail, bite both head and heels on cattle, and be out of registered parents.

I uploaded a bunch of photos of HTCs to my photo album, you can see them here.[/u]

Sunraven check out this link. It is one of two paintings of Bear that my wife did. The other one went to the lady we got Holly from for payment .

Sorry I can't get the link to work directily to it.

Try circleyranch.ca and work through the site to see Tamela's art work. She has 2 portaits of dogs. Bear and Annie a Border Collie.

Here's the painting! She has some lovely artwork :D

BearTheDog.jpg

I can barely draw stick people. The artwork is beautiful.

We were around Gary Erickson and his dogs years ago. The one dog we kept for a bit was super tough and super hard headed. We also had an Aussie that we fell in love with as a pet but was an independant worker. He also was super tough, but worked how and when he wanted. The best dogs we've had have been border collies.

Sunraven said:
I've created a free online pedigree database for Hangin' Tree Cowdogs. Please feel free to send me information about your dogs to add to the database. Doesn't matter whether the dog is registered or not, this is just pedigrees.

Check it out:
http://www.sunraven.net/htc/search.html

Thanks!

-Nicole Rhodes
Never had the pleasure of owning one of his dogs.but I had a good one once ,and his Video tape I bought yrs ago on training helped ALOT

Gary has a lot of helpful training tapes. I think I own all of them.

If anyone is interested, you can find out more info about Gary's tapes on his website: http://garyericssoncowdogs.com/

I thought his tapes were hard to hold interest. I definatly prefered his clinic. It's fun to go and be around other people who enjoy working dogs and to actually get to work your dog and get pointers.

Latest posts