• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hank Williams Jr. loses his gig...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
....seems he criticized the President, he is now a "racist", but still supports Herman Cain :???:

Hank Williams Jr. has just released a statement regarding his controversial statements on Fox News Channel this morning -- claiming he was simply "misunderstood" when he compared Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler.

Williams Jr. says, "Some of us have strong opinions and are often misunderstood. My analogy was extreme – but it was to make a point. I was simply trying to explain how stupid it seemed to me - how ludicrous that pairing was."

He continues, "They're polar opposites and it made no sense. They don't see eye-to-eye and never will. I have always respected the office of the President."

Williams Jr. adds, "Every time the media brings up the tea party it's painted as racist and extremists – but there's never a backlash – no outrage to those comparisons… Working class people are hurting – and it doesn't seem like anybody cares. When both sides are high-fiving it on the ninth hole when everybody else is without a job – it makes a whole lot of us angry. Something has to change. The policies have to change."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/03/hank-williams-jr-obama-statement-monday-night-football-comment-was-misunderstood/#.ToqeMbLcy_I

n an interview Monday morning on Fox News' "Fox & Friends," Williams, unprompted, said of Obama's outing on the links with House Speaker John Boehner: "It'd be like Hitler playing golf with (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu."

Asked to clarify, Williams said, "They're the enemy," adding that by "they" he meant Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

Anchor Gretchen Carlson later said to him, "You used the name of one of the most hated people in all of the world to describe, I think, the president." Williams replied, "Well, that is true. But I'm telling you like it is."

bad analogy.. ? certainly not a good one..

how about"it would be like a round with your mother in law", or ex wife's lawyer?

as far as Boehnor being an enemy of Obama's , enemies, no, but If I was the speaker, I would check my back for knives after each hole.. :shock: :lol: :shock:

while I understand the point he was making, compairing the obama / Baynor golf game like Hitler / Netanyahoo (sp) playing. the thing that I don't get is, the press went bat sh!t crazy about him calling Obama Hitler...yet no one said a thing about him calling Baynor Netanyahoo.....

in reality, the press twists things to make a story. Hank was simply saying "what a weird pairing" the press heard " Obama is just like Hitler"

the press are ignorant asses. Obama is nothing like Hitler. Hitler had a vision, set goals, and did what he had to to achieve these goals...bad sick goals, but he had drive and ambition.....Obama is a flipping ass who has no clue what he is doing, and does not deserve the position he occupies. no drive, no ambition, just a high profile leach on society who preys on racial tension, and feeds that racial tension to keep his poer...just like Jessie Jacson

I'da thought after the Dixie Chicks fiasco country singers would keep their mouths shut when asked political questions :shock:

Strange how Country music singers should keep their mouth shut when it comes to politics if they don't want their careers to crater but actors or actress that want to spew their far left garbage they get a pass. :?

Hank didn't hurt his career any............ You can bet on that. :wink:

He'll write a song about Hitler & Buckwheat & sell millions.........

Mike said:
Hank didn't hurt his career any............ You can bet on that. :wink:

He'll write a song about Hitler & Buckwheat & sell millions.........

Let's hope so....and hopefully somewehre in the lyrics he'll borrow a line from Toby Keith and tell ABC, Buckwheat and the others "I'll put a boot in your ass". :wink:

tumbleweed_texn said:
Ever stop to think that it's the jews who are p****d and the spooks are just glad they have some coattails to ride on?

Yeah I know it sounds a lil' racist. Also sounds a lil' true.

pissed about what?

Well, it's not the blacks in this country that control.the media and the banking. It's not the blacks who were put through the Holocaust. Jackson and Sharpton are still crying foul over civil rights issues. Do you think the problem is due to a disparaging remark about our black president? Or could the jews have taken offense to what was said?

tumbleweed_texn said:
Well, it's not the blacks in this country that control.the media and the banking. It's not the blacks who were put through the Holocaust. Jackson and Sharpton are still crying foul over civil rights issues. Do you think the problem is due to a disparaging remark about our black president? Or could the jews have taken offense to what was said?

I'm still not understanding? What % of the pop. are Jews?

I'm sure some Jews took offence, as many other people did. Do we have to catergorize all those people that disagreed or were offended?

Larrry said:
Freedom of speech, as long as it is liberal speech

"so, ya want to talk 'hypocricy­'.

KILT radio, Freedom of Speech, Hank Williams Jr., and the Dixie Chicks

Greetings KILT et al in Houston Texas, Mr. Purdy Sir,

what say you at KILT radio ???

IS KILT going to now ban Bocephus aka Hank Williams Jr. from the radio like they did the Dixie Chicks ???

IF NOT, why not, and if not, can you kindly explain then why the Dixie Chicks music was banned and not Hank Williams Jr. (and i have loved Hank Jr.s music ever since he started playing).

WHAT the producer of KILT said to my wife was, "This will all be forgotten soon, the war will be over quick", and my wife said, "I will never forget what you have done, and that every radio in our house that was tuned to kilt for decades, will never play KILT radio again".

I believe that KILT failed the public terribly with their blatant act of disregard for freedom of speech when they banned the Dixie Chicks, i believed it back in 2003, and i still believe it today in 2011.

we say, either ban Hank Jr. from KILT, or, start playing the Dixie Chicks Music again, and to make up for the past years that their music has not been played, you should play a song every 4 hours by the Dixie Chicks for 6 years, to make up for KILT blatant disregard for free speech, or KILT hypocrisy, take your pick..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/Terry_S_Singeltary_Sr/sarah-palin-hank-williams-jr_n_999856_111844529.html

full text ;

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected]
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 10:53 AM
Subject: KILT radio, Freedom of Speech, Hank Williams Jr., and the Dixie Chicks

KILT radio, Freedom of Speech, Hank Williams Jr., and the Dixie Chicks

Greetings KILT et al in Houston Texas, Mr. Purdy Sir, and Ms. Kathleen Parker (re clumsy hitler analogy, no firing offense outlook houston chronicle)

My how we miss listening to your radio station. Sadly, the war is not over yet, as we were told by the manager at KILT in 2003 it would soon be, and that every thing would be forgotten. Well, sadly, myself and others have not forgotten. So, since our beloved Hank Williams Jr., so kindly stuck his foot in his mouth, and is now banned from 'ARE YOU READY FOR SOME MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL' show. His racist, ugly, just plain stupid remarks about the President in 2011, topped the Dixie Chicks by a long shot.

what say you at KILT radio ???

IS KILT going to now ban Bocephus aka Hank Williams Jr. from the radio like they did the Dixie Chicks ???

IF NOT, why not, and if not, can you kindly explain then why the Dixie Chicks music was banned and not Hank Williams Jr. (and i have loved Hank Jr.s music ever since he started playing).

YOU remember what happened to the Dixie Chicks, they were just about tar ball and feathered. radio stations were pushing to burn their cd's in the streets. we went to their Top of the World Tour in Houston, Texas just to show our support, and it was packed to the top, and it was great. But, what happened to them by the Bush team et al, and then what the public, and especially the radio stations did, like KILT in Houston (we still don't listen to them today, they violated one of the very rights our Soldiers are dying at that very time), should have been criminal, compared to what the people of the USA are doing and saying about their President today. I remember Bonnie was so mad, she called the producer of KILT and he said that the advertisers were going to pull their adds because people were pissed, and that the war would be over quick, and everybody would forget about it.

WHAT the producer of KILT said to my wife was, "This will all be forgotten soon, the war will be over quick", and my wife said, "I will never forget what you have done, and that every radio in our house that was tuned to kilt for decades, will never play KILT radio again".

what goes around, comes around. the people spoke ;

Natalie Louise Maines Pasdar (born October 14, 1974) is an American singer-songwriter who achieved success as the lead vocalist for the female alternative country band, the Dixie Chicks. Born in Lubbock, Texas, Maines considers herself a rebel who "loved not thinking in the way I knew the majority of people thought."[1]

In 1995, after leaving the Berklee College of Music, Maines was recruited by the Dixie Chicks to replace their lead singer, Laura Lynch. With Maines as lead vocalist, the band earned 10 Country Music Association Awards and 13 Grammy Awards for their work between 1998 and 2007.

On the eve of the Iraq invasion, while in concert in London for the 2003 Top of the World Tour, Maines commented that the Dixie Chicks were "...ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas."[2] Negative public reaction in the United States to this comment resulted in boycotts by country music radio stations and death threats.[citation needed]

In 2006, with Maines still acting as lead singer, the Dixie Chicks released Taking the Long Way. The album subsequently won five Grammy Awards (including Album of the Year).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalie_Maines

shut up and sing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO-pgEfdXTQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swYJ64l9KeY

Good by Earl

http://new.music.yahoo.com/dixie-chicks/videos/view/goodbye-earl-from-dixie-chicks-on-the-fly--2155450

http://new.music.yahoo.com/dixie-chicks/videos/

see the Dixie Chicks big wins, 5 awards ;

Country radio won't forgive Dixie Chicks Group's Grammy haul may even spark another backlash

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/17121651

Worst of all, bomb-sniffing dogs and metal detectors were deployed at Dixie Chicks concerts. Under heavy security, the Texas trio confronted a 2003 death threat at a Dallas performance, after a letter threatened to shoot Maines in the same city where John F. Kennedy had been gunned down 40 years earlier. For his part, President Bush appeared to egg on the Chicks' persecutors, saying: "They shouldn't have their feelings hurt just because some people don't want to buy their records."

http://www.freemuse.org/sw20898.asp

http://www.democracynow.org/2007/2/15/shut_up_and_sing_dixie_chicks

WE were at the top of the Top of the World tour in Houston Tx., and what a show it was, fantastic, sold out too.

I believe that KILT failed the public terribly with their blatant act of disregard for freedom of speech when they banned the Dixie Chicks, i believed it back in 2003, and i still believe it today in 2011. it's sad when our Nation has turned against each other, and the media corporations are fuming the flames. KILT is guilty of just that. now we have these gd super-pacs where the vote of a single voter just does not matter much anymore. oh well, i have said my piece.

we say, either ban Hank Jr. from KILT, or, start playing the Dixie Chicks Music again, and to make up for the past years that their music has not been played, you should play a song every 4 hours by the Dixie Chicks for 6 years, to make up for KILT blatant disregard for free speech, or KILT hypocrisy, take your pick...

==============================

The Associated PressOctober 6, 2011, 12:43PM ET

Hank Williams Jr. out on Monday Night Football

Are you ready for some football? Hank Williams Jr. isn't anymore.

The country singer and ESPN each took credit for the decision Thursday morning to ax his classic intro to "Monday Night Football."

The network had pulled the song from the game earlier this week after Williams made an analogy to Adolf Hitler while discussing President Barack Obama on Fox News on Monday morning....snip...end

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9Q6TLGO2.htm

end

flounder said:
"so, ya want to talk 'hypocricy­'.

All of America remembers Jackson, Sharpton and all the other racist blacks in an uproar over the Dixie Chicks criticizing the president I am sure. "No one has the right to criticize a holder of that office....." :roll:

Racists are racists and they seem to be the very first to call the kettle black each and every time I see them on the tube.

Comparing Hank jr to the Dipsey Chicks is like comparing flipper to a real DR. :D :D :D :D

Bocephus will come out smelling like a rose over this. Like stated before, he will probably pen a song singing about ABC, the ESPN, and the rest of the libtards and sell millions of copies.

Remember the flap ABC/the ESPN had over Rush Limbaugh's statement about Donovan McNabb? Cost Rush his The ESPN gig....like he really needed it to put food on the table.

Seems like nowadays, if you are a conservative, the MSM and major networks are doing their best to keep a brotha down.

loomixguy said:
Bocephus will come out smelling like a rose over this. Like stated before, he will probably pen a song singing about ABC, the ESPN, and the rest of the libtards and sell millions of copies.

Remember the flap ABC/the ESPN had over Rush Limbaugh's statement about Donovan McNabb? Cost Rush his The ESPN gig....like he really needed it to put food on the table.

Seems like nowadays, if you are a conservative, the MSM and major networks are doing their best to keep a brotha down.

For sure Rush doesn't need anyone's support he is reportedly worth close to 1 billion. Thank goodness he's got all that support out there.

Latest posts