• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Happy National Grandparents Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim September 11, 2011, as National Grandparents Day. I call upon all Americans to take the time to honor their own grandparents and those in their community.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/09/09/presidential-proclamation-national-grandparents-day

In 1973, Senator Jennings Randolph (D-WV) introduced a resolution to the Senate to make Grandparents Day a national holiday. West Virginia's Governor Arch Moore had proclaimed an annual Grandparents Day for the state, at the urging of Marian McQuade. When Senator Randolph's resolution in the U.S. Senate died in committee, Marian McQuade organized supporters and began contacting governors, senators, and congressmen in all fifty states. She urged each state to proclaim their own Grandparents Day. Within three years, she had received Grandparents Day proclamations from forty-three states. She sent copies of the proclamations to Senator Randolph.

In February, 1977, Senator Randolph, with the concurrence of many other senators, introduced a Joint Resolution to the Senate requesting the President to "issue annually a proclamation designating the first Sunday of September after Labor Day of each year as 'National Grandparents Day'." Congress passed the legislation proclaiming the first Sunday after Labor Day as National Grandparents Day and, on August 3, 1978, then-President Jimmy Carter signed the proclamation.

The statute cites the day's purpose as: "...to honor grandparents, to give grandparents an opportunity to show love for their children's children, and to help children become aware of strength, information, and guidance older people can offer".

Thank You Hypocrit for reminding of us how well President Obama is following the law as passed by Congress....
And my older Grandkids did wish me Happy Grandparents Day today- did yours?

Oldtimer said:
In 1973, Senator Jennings Randolph (D-WV) introduced a resolution to the Senate to make Grandparents Day a national holiday. West Virginia's Governor Arch Moore had proclaimed an annual Grandparents Day for the state, at the urging of Marian McQuade. When Senator Randolph's resolution in the U.S. Senate died in committee, Marian McQuade organized supporters and began contacting governors, senators, and congressmen in all fifty states. She urged each state to proclaim their own Grandparents Day. Within three years, she had received Grandparents Day proclamations from forty-three states. She sent copies of the proclamations to Senator Randolph.

In February, 1977, Senator Randolph, with the concurrence of many other senators, introduced a Joint Resolution to the Senate requesting the President to "issue annually a proclamation designating the first Sunday of September after Labor Day of each year as 'National Grandparents Day'." Congress passed the legislation proclaiming the first Sunday after Labor Day as National Grandparents Day and, on August 3, 1978, then-President Jimmy Carter signed the proclamation.

The statute cites the day's purpose as: "...to honor grandparents, to give grandparents an opportunity to show love for their children's children, and to help children become aware of strength, information, and guidance older people can offer".

Thank You Hypocrit for reminding of us how well President Obama is following the law as passed by Congress....

You don't listen/read or comprehend very well, do you?

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

:???:

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

that's a good smiley for you to use, seeing as you are most often confused.

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:

I know the story you're trying to use- but that doesn't mean you don't have any kids or grandkids... Some folks have been known to play outside the guidelines of any type of wedlock :wink:

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

I know the story you're trying to use- but that doesn't mean you don't have any kids or grandkids... Some folks have been known to play outside the guidelines of any type of wedlock :wink:

Sounds like a personal problem of yours

Oldtimer said:

You know the "story", eh. Not very well, what part of "no kids" did you not comprehend?

Oldtimer said:
Oldtimer wrote:
GEE- A+-- why so defensive and nervous... Say what? Most innocent persons would want to expose a pervert....

As more info comes in- I see no problem if those women want to expose Hypocrit to his wife and family- as they have the name of the town (I never even heard of and couldn't be made up) the wifes name- kids - local landmarks--everything...
And like I said- it would be up to the wife to decide on the evidence they have.... Say what?

And as the day goes on- I get more PM's and e-mails.... Very Happy Hypo- you were a busy naughty boy Wink

hypocritexposer said:
I'm not married, never have been. No kids.

The name of the city I live in, as for that. Macon can let you know, it's not small, and everyone has heard of it.

You are either lying, or got the wrong man.

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=416641#416641

Never mind,,,, with your fascination in ZIPPERS and toe tapping it would not be a gal on a hood of a car..
Were you that one banging the gal on the hood of your squad car??

OT wrote:

He uses this as an example of how well a President follows Congressional Laws?

OT's bar is set mighty LOW isn't it? :roll:

Let's all give a big round of applause for Obama recognizing Grandparents?

On a say of extreme sorrow for many grandparents who lost sons, daughters, or grandchildren 10 yrs ago, would seem to me that he could have put that aside for a day or two!!!
He has been known to put other things on the back burner
:roll:

But you notice that oldtimer once again twist facts with fiction in an attempt
to play like a real person

Oh and oldtimer I got calls from all but one of my grandchildren :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

hypocritexposer said:
NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim September 11, 2011, as National Grandparents Day. I call upon all Americans to take the time to honor their own grandparents and those in their community.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/09/09/presidential-proclamation-national-grandparents-day

Congress passed the legislation proclaiming the first Sunday after Labor Day as National Grandparents Day and, on August 3, 1978, then-President Jimmy Carter signed the proclamation.

If Carter signed the proclamation in 1978 was there a need for Obama to do it again in 2011? :?

Tam said:
hypocritexposer said:

Congress passed the legislation proclaiming the first Sunday after Labor Day as National Grandparents Day and, on August 3, 1978, then-President Jimmy Carter signed the proclamation.

If Carter signed the proclamation in 1978 was there a need for Obama to do it again in 2011? :?

a Joint Resolution to the Senate requesting the President to "issue annually a proclamation designating the first Sunday of September after Labor Day of each year as 'National Grandparents Day'." Congress passed the legislation proclaiming the first Sunday after Labor Day as National Grandparents Day and, on August 3, 1978, then-President Jimmy Carter signed the proclamation.

Looks to me like he followed the letter of the law- which asks the President to "issue annually" a proclamation "each year"....
Tam doesn't it give you a fuzzy warm feeling to know that we finally have a President that knows and follows the letter of the law !!! :wink:

Obama's excuse for not following the law on regulating smog and not properly regulating greenhouse gas emissions is to allow more economic growth

It's welcome news that the Interior Department will follow the law. After this positive initial step of halting the 'Wild Lands' order, we'll be taking a close look at how the Administration proceeds.

The undeniable conclusion is that the president is breaking the law by continuing the unilateral offensive war against Libya

A video filmed at the White House that was designed to raise funds for the president's reelection campaign appears to be in violation of Federal Election Committee campaign finance laws.

Last week fed­eral judge Mar­tin Feld­man held the Obama admin­is­tra­tion in con­tempt for will­fully defy­ing his order to halt the Gulf oil drilling mora­to­rium.

Clearly in violation of the 4th Amendment, Obama and DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano applaud the TSA's warrantless groping of men, women, children, the elderly, and the infirm during airport screenings

Obama Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) awarded a grant of $79,819 to ACORN spin-off Affordable Housing Centers of America (AHCOA), despite the fact that Barack Obama signed the ACORN funding ban in October 2009. (And despite the fact that the organization was nailed for misappropriating taxpayer funds!)

In its hurry to enact car­bon reg­u­la­tions as quickly as pos­si­ble, the EPA is requir­ing states to enact its new rules within a year. The Clean Air Act that the EPA is using as author­ity, how­ever, specif­i­cally grants states three years to imple­ment new Clean Air Act rules. Unsur­pris­ingly, thir­teen states are suing the EPA for its fla­grant defi­ance of the law.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Dis­trict of Colum­bia held that the FCC does not have juris­dic­tion over the inter­net. The FCC has decided to reg­u­late the inter­net anyway.

Dur­ing the Chrysler bank­ruptcy the admin­is­tra­tion ignored con­tract law and forced secured cred­i­tors to make sac­ri­fices for the ben­e­fit of labor unions, and also threat­ened to smear the secured cred­i­tors through the media if they did not acqui­esce to the administration's demands

Do I need any more examples to show you his MO?
Really praising him cuz he followed a law about grandparents day.............. :roll:

MsSage said:
Really praising him cuz he followed a law about grandparents day.............. :roll:

No- just showing folks that were criticizing him for following the law that they were wrong !!!

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:

a Joint Resolution to the Senate requesting the President to "issue annually a proclamation designating the first Sunday of September after Labor Day of each year as 'National Grandparents Day'." Congress passed the legislation proclaiming the first Sunday after Labor Day as National Grandparents Day and, on August 3, 1978, then-President Jimmy Carter signed the proclamation.

Looks to me like he followed the letter of the law- which asks the President to "issue annually" a proclamation "each year"....
Tam doesn't it give you a fuzzy warm feeling to know that we finally have a President that knows and follows the letter of the law !!! :wink:

More stupidity, why not just proclaim the day and stop wasting the future President's time to do it every year. :roll:

Oldtimer if you had a President that followed the letter of the law his healthcare bill would not be in the courts facing being struck down because it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. :roll: If he followed the letter of the law he would not have a AG that was caught dropping charges on his GUILTY supporters!!!!! If he followed the letter of the law he would not be bypassing a CONGRESSIONAL VOTE and inacting the Dream Act that the Congress said NO to. If you had a President that followed the letter of the law US soldiers would not have been in Lybia without Congressional approval. Yes Oldtimer you have a President that follows the letter of the law on one tiny little issue that makes your Grandchildren call you. That is just what the President of the US should have to do EVERY YEAR. . :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
Tam said:

More stupidity, why not just proclaim the day and stop wasting the future President's time to do it every year. :roll:

Oldtimer if you had a President that followed the letter of the law his healthcare bill would not be in the courts facing being struck down because it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. :roll: 3 Federal Appeals Courts have ruled it Constitutional...

If he followed the letter of the law he would not have a AG that was caught dropping charges on his GUILTY supporters!!!!! Dropped them on nonsupporters too when he found the law enforcement/prosecution had violated the law--Remember Bridge to Nowhere Sen Stevens...Equal Justice for ALL... If he followed the letter of the law he would not be bypassing a CONGRESSIONAL VOTE and inacting the Dream Act that the Congress said NO to. If its Unconstitutional- then why hasn't the conservative controlled SCOTUS acted? No- During the Bush years the administrative branch gained much more power- that Dems warned would set a precedent and turn around and bite them in the butt if Congress didn't take action- and now it is.... If you had a President that followed the letter of the law US soldiers would not have been in Lybia. I didn't think US soldiers were in Libya- only flying over as part of a NATO program of air coverage.... Yes Oldtimer you have a President that follows the letter of the law on one tiny little issue that makes your Grandchildren call you. That is just what the President of the US should have to do EVERY YEAR. . :roll: :roll: :roll:

But it is sadly comical that you, the hypocrits and the hoppys bellyache and whine about every thing Obama does- even when exactly following the letter of the law-- He's Damned if he does or He's Damned if he doesn't... :wink: :lol: :(

But it is sadly comical that you, the hypocrits and the hoppys bellyache and whine about every thing Obama does- even when exactly following the letter of the law-- He's Damned if he does or He's Damned if he doesn't...
aaawww you mean like you do with Bush?

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
Oldtimer said:

Oldtimer if you had a President that followed the letter of the law his healthcare bill would not be in the courts facing being struck down because it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. :roll: 3 Federal Appeals Courts have ruled it Constitutional...

If he followed the letter of the law he would not have a AG that was caught dropping charges on his GUILTY supporters!!!!! Dropped them on nonsupporters too when he found the law enforcement/prosecution had violated the law--Remember Bridge to Nowhere Sen Stevens...Equal Justice for ALL... If he followed the letter of the law he would not be bypassing a CONGRESSIONAL VOTE and inacting the Dream Act that the Congress said NO to. If its Unconstitutional- then why hasn't the conservative controlled SCOTUS acted? No- During the Bush years the administrative branch gained much more power- that Dems warned would set a precedent and turn around and bite them in the butt if Congress didn't take action- and now it is.... If you had a President that followed the letter of the law US soldiers would not have been in Lybia. I didn't think US soldiers were in Libya- only flying over as part of a NATO program of air coverage.... Yes Oldtimer you have a President that follows the letter of the law on one tiny little issue that makes your Grandchildren call you. That is just what the President of the US should have to do EVERY YEAR. . :roll: :roll: :roll:

But it is sadly comical that you, the hypocrits and the hoppys bellyache and whine about every thing Obama does- even when exactly following the letter of the law-- He's Damned if he does or He's Damned if he doesn't... :wink: :lol: :(
ATLANTA (AP) – A federal appeals court panel on Friday struck down the requirement in President Barack Obama's health care overhaul package that virtually all Americans must carry health insurance or face penalties.

The divided three-judge panel of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals struck down the so-called individual mandate, siding with 26 states that had sued to block the law
On Obamacare 26 states won their appeal that is a Majority of states in the US won their case and will be taking it to the Supreme Court for a final ruling. Not that will matter to your law abiding President as he has gone against the Supreme Court ruling before HASN'T HE? :roll:

About the dropping charges in your own words
he found the law enforcement/prosecution had violated the law-
Did the Prosecution violate the laws in the Black Panther Case. They won it and Holder dropped the charges before sentencing. :roll: Every lawyer from Holders office that were involved in the case disagreed with Holder but the Black Panthers still walked free after being video taped INTIMIDATING VOTERS.

You didn't hear the news from today them :wink: But that aside if the US is dropping bombs that cost US tax payers money the President has 60 days to get Congressional approval and Obama didn't so stop playing STUPID.

Funny how you can't defend him without looking like a fool. He followed one tiny law which is stupid it isn't a one time thing verses an every year event and you use that tiny little issue to tote he is a LAW ABIDING PRESIDENT :shock: As if we are going to forget the BIG LAWS HE IS TRASHING to push his agenda. Geez Oldtimer how far are you going to go to make this guy look good. :? :roll:

Latest posts