• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Happy Thanksgiving

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
To all our amigos, near and far, here on Ranchers, we send out our gratitude! I am so thankful for the friends I have and have made here. You enrich our lives with your stories and pictures, from all over the world. You have taught me many things about cattle and life. You inspire me and uplift me. I tip my hat to you all and wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving! Today in America, some folks are embarrassed to "celebrate" Thanksgiving. I am fully aware that America, like every other country, has its scars and scabs throughout its history. But I am so grateful to have my freedom and to be an American! I send my thanks to all veterans who have kept the wolves away from the door for generations! You are all hero's in my eyes, regardless of when and where you have served! Thank You from the bottom of my heart! May you all enjoy the company of your families and be thankful for the blessings we all receive. Today, and EVERYDAY! I hope that as winter approaches, your cattle are in great flesh and that all goes well as we close out 2017. I am just a dim-witted, simple minded cowboy from the edge of the Great Basin in Utah's West Desert. I have few talents and abilities. But I send my love and admiration to all who share my vocation and lifestyle. Long Live Ranching! Long Live Ranching Families!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

H'

It has been a bit of a hard day for us. My mother-in-law died 3 months ago after a two year battle with ovarian cancer. This was our first holiday without her. For all of those that have an empty place at the table this year, may the memories of past Thanksgivings bring a smile to your face, a tear to your eye, and thankfulness to your heart for the time you shared and love you were shown.

Nice post leanin H. My thoughts exactly. Sorry for your loss rancherfred, we've had our share of that around here too.

Great sentiments, H. Many of us do share your thoughts, and don't articulate them often enough to those responsible for keeping us save. I do feel, with Thanksgiving Day coming so soon after Veterans' Day, and having to many incidents of late to show us how much we benefit from our good police officers also in the line-up of those keeping us safe, that maybe we are a little quicker to recognize and offer some prayers for, all those who work so hard and give so much to keep us safe.

Emphasizing this for me is that a cousin recently got to travel to Alaska and Washington to visit two of her sons and their families who have served in the military for a few years. She has never travelled much and those super sized mountains were pretty frightening for that little 'flat-land' gal! But the little grand-babies to hold, as well as seeing their parents, helped her 'woman up' and handle all the sights!

And just this morning, we entertained some friends for a few minutes as they were passing by our place. One of them is a young man going into service after being accepted into one of our service academy's. It helps me feel more secure in this too often frightening and truly awful world, with too many evil forces determined to prevail over the forces for good, to know there are many really bright young minds on 'our side'!

And, rancherfred, I know how hard it is to lose someone to cancer. It happens too often. I have multiple friends fighting it right now, and have done so myself twice now. We seem to win more often, then a bunch more have it to do, seems to be the pattern in this area. The memories of life lived well have to sustain us and they do as we share them with family and friends, but it is so hard at the time. Reminds us of ranching in arid locations, I guess; it's good "next year country".......and there is the hope for a "next life" to sustain us when we lose loved family and friends.

mrj

An old cowboy that passed away here recently said, "I love God, I love this church and I love you". So good he got to say it and moreso that he got to feel it. He's in the Wyoming Cowboy Hall of Fame, and knows cowboy ways, for sure. He was a lesson to many of us. R.I.P. Ray.

Latest posts