• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Happy Tuesday

sweetbasil

Reaction score
May this post find everyone well and safe. I have been thinking of everyone here and sending you a blizzard of happy thoughts during this difficult time for our nation. It has been a while since my last post, but I hope to come back and start writing and sharing my adventures. This pandemic has been quite an interesting journey for me and I pray that things will come back to normal soon. On a different note, has anyone heard of rattlesnake soap?

I came across a Youtube video in which a person recommended using rattlesnake soap to clear skin conditions (e.g., acne). I don't have acne and have had healthy skin until recently when I started noticing my cheeks looking like a Heirloom tomato. I thought it was a cream I found on sale (LOL), but once I stopped using the cream at night, the symptoms continued. I think it is the stress level that I have found myself under this year that is triggering the breakout. I spent a lot of time on Google researching the condition and I think it might be Rosacea. I had a virtual appointment with a Dermatologist and she thinks it is Rosacea as well. The Dermatologist prescribed me a tropical cream. I used the tropical cream faithfully for two weeks, but have taken a break per the nurse's suggestion after my skin started looking like crushed tomatoes. Every time I put on the cream, my skin become very irritated. I will let you guys know if the rattlesnake soap makes any difference, but from the reviews, people think it works miracles on several skin conditions and mosquitoes bites.

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Welcome back, Sweet Basil. This place isn't like it used to be, as I am sure you have already noticed.
I have rosacea too and I was prescribed some cream, but I don't know where it is or I would tell you what
I was prescribed. I don't break out, but when I get hot my face gets beet red!! And when I drink wine it gets
red too!! Trying to think what helped mine....but I can't recall that either. I try to keep from getting
hot and as for the wine....I never cared much for wine anyway!! :D :oops:

I hope you find some relief.

sweetbasil

Reaction score
Thank you, Faster horses. Through my research, I learned to stay away from spicy foods. I like wine, but I rarely drink a glass because of a medical condition. I hope to go back to the cream that was prescribed after this week once my skin recovers. The only think about this cream is that it is extremely expensive even with the discount that I received.

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Good to hear from you, hope you are doing well.
As Faster Horses said not many people hang around ranchers anymore. I check in every day or two but it's pretty quiet.

Take care and stay safe.

And have some fun.

sweetbasil

Reaction score
Hello Big Muddy Rancher,

Thank you for the good wishes. It is great to know that you are still part of the community.

Best Regards,
Sweetbasil

Latest posts