• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Has Anybody Noticed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cedardell

Reaction score
Nothing seems to fit right these days? I just bought a bearing for my round baler. It was a Fafnir bearing from a local distributer. It was for a one inch shaft. Well it would not go on. I pounded, heated, and whacked till I was blue in the face. Cussed a lot too. So I ordered same bearing from the factory and it slide right on without any persuation. I think some companies are outsourcing their production to China and China can't get their damn specs right. Has anyone else had this problem? I mean there are more than four thousanths difference in the bore of the two bearings.

I might be off base here Cedardell, but I think some of it has to do with the "brand". What used to be universal parts for all equipment has been specialized into branded equipment. Need a part for you JD (or any other brand), you need to go to the JD dealer and get that part, as it has been made to fit and only fit that brand and model. I figure it must be proprietership. Head office boys said to the engineers, "Make a unique tractor and then patent it and all the parts that go into it." Followed by a remark to the sales/marketers, "Make sure you mark up them parts, cause if a rancher or farmer wants to fix their equipment, they have no where else to go but here."

I agree with you though, it's a bearing, it should fit, if the size on the box indicates so.

You are right, bearings made in US (and Canada) are superrior. When dealing with China crap, you mic everything. Also that graphite antiseize really helps a tight bearing go on easier.

Brad is right Cedardell,I had same thing happen had to return em next trip to town...............good luck PS just another reason we dont need Cafta,the country is already got enough junk.

HAY MAKER said:
Brad is right Cedardell,I had same thing happen had to return em next trip to town...............good luck PS just another reason we dont need Cafta,the country is already got enough junk.

CAFTA would remove the tarriffs that are already in place to ship US beef to an expanding tourist market. I don't think it will increase the number of bearings that don't fit right.

Latest posts