• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Has anyone heard

Help Support Ranchers.net:

My wife has heard plenty from Shortgrass during and after! Was a pretty good blow, but nothing like the Christmas blizzare of 1984. During the storm, we got stuck because we wern't in by the fire. Was in the road between here and my Mother-in-laws. She is 2 miles away. Took 2 1/2 hours to get home from her house. We got from nothing to 4 feet of snow here in the yard. Was able to get hay to the cattle each day, and they weathered pretty good. My calves are in a feedlot in the Arkansas Valley, and I guess one of them died. My daughter lives up south of Denver and No of Castle Rock. She says about 3 1/2 feet of snow on the level. My other daughter was to fly into DIA last night about 8:00, but didn't leave Minneappolis until 10:30. They called about 3:00 this AM and had gotten into my daughters at Castle Pines(So of Den) They had waited 1 1/2 hrs at DIA for luggage. Wasn't so hard on the kids, but grandkids are ages 4, 2, and less than 1 month had probably had all the airplane busniss that they wanted. All are safe and sound, but not here yet :cry:. We will have everyone home for Christmas, so we are doin fine :D :D. We will all be at Moms (93 years young) Christmas Eve. Thanks for askin. See ya on Good Sunday Mornin.

Glad to here everythings going alright. We use to live east of the Springs and I know how it can get. Also have a sister-in-law that just moved from Monument and can remember how the wind would blow up thru there.

Glad to hear that our fellow Coloradans (Dumb word, isn't it?) are okay. We here in Ft. Collins got about two feet on the flat, and of course, we live on a corner, and the wind has a ball around our garage and front yard. About five to six feet in drifts around the house. The snow and sleet froze around the back bathroom vent duct, and so I went in to get ready for bed, turned on the fan and built-in light, sat down - - -the house heat melted the ice dam around and IN the vent, and - - - you guessed it! Have you every had ice water dump on your head and - - - while you were sitting there with nothing on???!!! I thought that Ruthie finally had had enough of me! The next day, I got a ladder and climbed up and eliminated (if you'll pardon the expression!) the ice dam and now - everything is fine.

Merry Christmas to ALL of you.

DOC HARRIS

Faster horses said:
Now that was quite a visual, Doc!!!! :wink: :p
Ain't that the truth. Yuk. DOC could probably get a job at the Poison Control Center making people puke. No offense, DOC. And Merry Christmas. :wink:

DOC HARRIS said:
Glad to hear that our fellow Coloradans (Dumb word, isn't it?) are okay. We here in Ft. Collins got about two feet on the flat, and of course, we live on a corner, and the wind has a ball around our garage and front yard. About five to six feet in drifts around the house. The snow and sleet froze around the back bathroom vent duct, and so I went in to get ready for bed, turned on the fan and built-in light, sat down - - -the house heat melted the ice dam around and IN the vent, and - - - you guessed it! Have you every had ice water dump on your head and - - - while you were sitting there with nothing on???!!! I thought that Ruthie finally had had enough of me! The next day, I got a ladder and climbed up and eliminated (if you'll pardon the expression!) the ice dam and now - everything is fine.

Merry Christmas to ALL of you.

DOC HARRIS

Glad you survived the experience. That should have been an Erstwhile Providential Decision, but all is well that ends well. Sounds like your "end" is well. :wink: :)

Have a good day, and Merry Christmas

Glad you survived the experience. That should have been an Erstwhile Providential Decision, but all is well that ends well. Sounds like your "end" is well.

Thank you, Soapweed. I wish you and Peach Blossom a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year also!

Yes, it was an "Erstwhile Providential Decision" - -(pretty good for the spur of the moment! :shock: :???: ), but, yes, I have recovered nicely, Thank you, even though - - - (Are you ready for this??)- - - Everybody Prophesied Disaster - 8) :p - but everything came out ok!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS said:
Glad you survived the experience. That should have been an Erstwhile Providential Decision, but all is well that ends well. Sounds like your "end" is well.

Thank you, Soapweed. I wish you and Peach Blossom a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year also!

Yes, it was an "Erstwhile Providential Decision" - -(pretty good for the spur of the moment! :shock: :???: ), but, yes, I have recovered nicely, Thank you, even though - - - (Are you ready for this??)- - - Everybody Prophesied Disaster - 8) :p - but everything came out ok!

DOC HARRIS

By Jove me thinks Doc's catching on to this EPD thing. :wink: :lol:

BMR-

Yes, I think you are correct! It is gradually and consistently penetrating my Cerebral Cortex that EPD's are important, but, of course, I have always Earnestly Proclaimed Deputation of them rather than lack of awareness of reality!

DOC HARRIS

Doc
I'm glad every thing is alright. And please keep them 50 cent words and phases coming. My vocabulary get's bigger with each one of your posts :D

From all of us at Homestead Farms have a very Merry Christmas.

Latest posts