• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Have a fine Thanksgiving

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
I got up and got the prime rib going on the smoker and thought I'd send out a very Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I have so many things to be thankful for in my life. I'd like to state publicly that God is great. I've got a wonderful family that put up with me and try to disregard all my flaws and faults. I've got good horses to ride and some cattle take care of. I've got great neighbors and the opportunity to help them out from time to time. I've got fairly decent health. I've got the amazing opportunity to live in America. I've got a rich heritage and legacy left me by my ancestors. And I've got a bunch of great friends I've met on a shady part of the internet where even Canadians are welcome. Here's hoping you all have lots to be grateful for and you have a wonderful day.

I'm also sending out a heartfelt message to all of y'all that have lost loved ones this past year. We all send our love and hope that ya might smile today with happy memories of those wonderful folks. I sure miss Soap and Northern Rancher and a bunch of others I "met" here. See ya in few years on that higher pasture. Save me a good horse boys!

I wish everyone a great Thanksgiving. I got up early to let Patty the puppy out. She got spayed yesterday so she gets to spend a few nights on the back porch rather than in the kennel. We will head down to the Bunch family Thanksgiving about noon. It will certainly be different today with Rod no longer with us. I am sitting here waiting for daylight and thinking of what chores I can do where I can keep one eye on my cone head puppy.

God has certainly blessed me much more than I deserve. I will give thanks today as I do every day. A thank you seems rather insignificant when compared to all the gifts I have received but it is all I have to give.

9D32E35E-D257-436E-9CAF-B59D1D0A6E52.jpeg

BEEF, it's what's for Thanksgiving!!!
I very grateful I wasn't raised by tofu eating, Subaru driving hippies in some dang city. I'm thankful for raising the most delicious protein available on the planet. But even if ya prefer turkey, I wish ya a happy Thanksgiving. 🤠

I would have preferred prime rib. But someone else bought and cook the turkey so that is what I ate. It was a good day with friends and neighbors.

I hope all you had a good day with family and friends for Thanksgiving. Holidays are not the same here without our folks. It is just me and my wife of 41 years... We ae all still on top of the dirt, so life is good!!

Latest posts