• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hay,Hay,Hay.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Stretch

Reaction score
Finally got 2nd cutting dried up and in small square bales. I hate handling them by hand but with my little helpers we can move a bunch of them in pretty short order.. :wink:

Here is my square baling rig. Hate to admit it but the baler/accumulator is a almost older than I am.. :shock: It treats me well and thats all I can ask.
Squarebales1.jpg

Here is what it leaves me in the field to clean up.
Squarebales2.jpg

Here is a couple shots of how I pick them up..
Squarebales3.jpg

Squarebales4.jpg

I was lucky enough to get this cut and back up without a rain on it. Some of the nicest alfalfa I have ever been lucky enough to put up. Guess there is some truth to "Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while" :wink: :lol:
If things go well and I have a driver for the truck I can pick up and unload about 200 per hr as long as I don't have to travel to far between the field and the pile. Not the fastest in the world but I only usually put up about 2000 each yr so it is good enough for now. 8)

Nice rig. Wish I could see them a little better. Try knocking off before dark next time. :lol:

Maple Leaf Angus
Stretch, surely that can't be a 14T or a 24T, can it? Boy, it sure brings back memories!

Actually it is a 224 ws (wire tie) That dad bought new in 1970 and the accumulator is/was made by Dual and was bought new in 1971.. The pair used to make about 10-15,000 bales each year as dad and the neighbor put up hay together as neither had any help and so they just paired up and helped each other.

Mike
Nice rig. Wish I could see them a little better. Try knocking off before dark next time.

Ummm well I was busy all day doing other stuff and finally I got down to that job and it was 8:00pm. I had to rebreak in my truck driver :wink: you would think at 9 he would know how to follow my hand signal directions better... :shock: :wink: Awe well he tries hard and got better by the time we finished ....... :clap: I have a couple that didn't fit on the trailer that I will snap a shot of for you to see what the hay was like.

Red Robin

Wha kind of accumulator is that? I like it. Is that a 50 series JD you're stacking with? What size? Nice dependable looking outfit that doesn't break the bank.

Well it is a unit made by Dual but I know that they haven't made them for years. Wouldn't really be to hard to copy if a person really wanted to. I wish it was a Hoelsher(sp) but the 12,000+ for one doesn't look that good to me. As for the tractor it is just a 4430 that has like 9800 hrs on it and still counting. The loader is a 500 Koyker and I adapted the hawk or grab to fit on it's quick tach mounts.. I have ran that ole baler and loader rig for so many years that I swear I could do it im my sleep.... :lol:

Latest posts