• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hay Oldtimer -- I got my cheque

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rkaiser

Reaction score
And what a Christmas present it is. The attached note says that the Government of Canada is pleased to provide me with this cost of production payment. The payment is part of the 1 BILLION dollar commitment announced by the federal government .

My cheque Oldtimer ---- wait for it ------ $108.63

You can imagine my Joy. That will pay for all of our Christmas - make our land payment and shoot, I will likely have to buy some cattle by the end of the year to avoid income tax...... :roll:

I figure that since I am over the average cow herd size in Canada, the rest of the 50 million producers must be smiling as well. Wait a minute - that math does not work ------ I thought there were only 90,000 producers in Canada and dropping????? Oh well - I must not be on top of the payment list. Where do you think the rest of the money went Oldtimer??????

...rkaiser...it does make you wonder where the money goes...oh i think i know...the bureaucrats need their share of the farm too :lol: well i feel kind of bad for you rkaiser as my cheque was 358.78... :shock: does that mean i might have to pay some back for overpayment :eek:

Well--See that Canuck guvment ain't so dumb...If you two got together you couldn't scrape up enough to buy a couple bottles of that good Canuck hooch- so that you could drown all your sorrows and at least feel better while John Tyson, the Tyson and Cargill CEO's, and all your parliament folk sip pina coladas in Aruba with whatever was left .....

You all be happy now - and just hush up like good common folk supposed to :wink: :lol:

:eek: :eek: WOW should have checked the mail today. That kind of cash would have covered the $157.00 circut board I bought for the Loader Tractor today. In the spirit of Christmas I charged it instead :?

wandered this site for a while and decided to register to respond to this thread, got my cheque...my share is $43.00. Are we close to the billion yet?

If enough of you pool your big money you could almost get enough for gas to come down so I could buy you a Christmas drink.... :wink: :lol: :(

I'm still wondering how much those Tyson/Cargill CEO's will be pocketing of this :???: :(

got mine and it was $97.00. lets see diesel at $1.14 per cdn litre ($4.79 per gallon) that should buy me enough fuel to run the chore tractor for two days. :roll: :???:

It looks to me that what you folks are getting and what is being doled out don't match. Is there any accounting from the government where everything is going?

You guys might notice that it is the same way down here and we have a hard time stopping it too. The amendment to the farm bill limiting the payment amounts to the big guys was thrown out.

We are all victims of the political process that courts the very rich and their money.

Sandy said:
If you're buying the drinks OT, I'll throw in my $289.00 for gas.

Come on down Sandy -- could be quite a party....Might have to sell the place tho to buy enough booze to fill up a bunch of Canucks :roll: I've seen Canucks drink before :shock: :p :lol:
I'm going in to start shopping this afternoon--probably end up at the water hole just doling out dollars to a daughter to run get things for me (I HATE SHOPPING)--and I'll bet a lot of the Canadians are down visiting relatives today...

Tex said:
You guys might notice that it is the same way down here and we have a hard time stopping it too. The amendment to the farm bill limiting the payment amounts to the big guys was thrown out.

We are all victims of the political process that courts the very rich and their money.

I agree I bet half of the money they set out for this program went back into Administration costs.

DiamondSCattleCo said:
Egads! I'm going to have to borrow from someone as I didn't get a single red cent yet :(

Musta been a naughty boy this year...

Rod
LOl...same here,but maybe the ones who did get cheques need to post in thier local papers or maybe someone who writes for the local paper{hint,hint} needs to let the general public aware just how rich the reciprients got.Can't hardly drive to town and back to pick up the cheques on the gas this money would pay for :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think I know where all the money went. I am sure that they will ask for some back in March but I received more than my share...$741.77!

as per per

Well now --- I guess we know who's driving the rest of the way down to Oldtimer's party from south western Alberta hay per. Who the hell is your MP anywhoo????? $741.77 that's down right disgusting. Where is old Arno Doerksen from - I heard he is running - maybe they gave him a little extra "buy some votes" cashola. :lol:

We picked up a whopping $326.00. :shock: :shock: :shock:

My goodness, what will we ever do with that much wealth??? Retirement? A new truck? Maybe even a vacation in sunny Winnipeg in January? The possibilities are endless. :wink: :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol:

My brother-in-law has a sister-in-law who worked for the government administering this kind of "save the family farm" kind of funding for quite a few years, and I can guarantee her retirement cheques are a lot higher than anything I ever earned working off the farm. She can make about one and a half times as much in pension sitting on her bum as I ever could working.

Something wrong with this picture. I think it should be a requirement that people hired in the administration of government programs should all be farmers or ranchers. That's the only real way to make sure the money gets where it should go. :!:

:shock: :shock: :shock: $ 687.00 To heck with fixing that old tractor time to order a new MXM with FWA 3 point Big rubber and shuttle shif.Maybe 2 youknow one for the mixing wagon too :shock: :shock: Could be the rum in the eggnog talking :lol: Ckeck stub said it was based on CAIS info :roll: but I never quailified for CAIS payments.

Latest posts