• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hay Preservatives

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mtrancher

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a newer JD round baler and was interested how many of you are using hay preservatives with the applicators mounted on your balers? Are you satisfied with the results? Do any of you have the automatic kind that have moisture sensors in the baler and variably apply preservatives acccording to moisture levels. Thanks for any help you could provide me.

we run 2 Harvestech units. I think they are well worth the investment. Spring creek ag in Deshler Nebraska can tell you all you need to know about the hay preservative. called tenderkeep

Thanks Jigs, harvest tec is the brand I was considering too. They seem to be one of the leaders in the business. It seems to me if you could bale alfalfa at 5-10% higher moisture you could get a lot more of the leaves. It always gets too dry in this country and a person usually is pushing it to keep up, so we end up baling too dry.

Latest posts