• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Haying has started.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy said:
the SP disc mower conditioner got here late yesterday, cut a liittle hay last night to get a feel, probally cut more hay on this place that ever been cut in one day...

:lol:

They do open a person's eyes when you first start cutting with one. :wink:

gcreekrch said:
jodywy said:
the SP disc mower conditioner got here late yesterday, cut a liittle hay last night to get a feel, probally cut more hay on this place that ever been cut in one day...

My double nine has'nt moved since last year and were near done haying. I will dig it out for 30 acres of rocks and that will be it for it this year.

Denny said:
gcreekrch said:
jodywy said:

My double nine has'nt moved since last year and were near done haying. I will dig it out for 30 acres of rocks and that will be it for it this year.

What are you going to do with your spare time in Sept, Oct, and Nov? :p

gcreekrch said:
Denny said:
gcreekrch said:

Most likely haul bales home and cut firewood. I can see a warm fish house and some cold beers this winter. :wink:

gcreekrch said:
Denny said:
gcreekrch said:

might have a little 2nd crop alfalfa in Sept, then havent got a deer for years maybe do some Sept-Oct hunting.

We haven't had an update from the high hills of B.C. lately. Have you got the skidder driver trained to do it all by now? Making the crop circles AND the bales circles too? Allowing you to supervise from the back porch and carry the water?

How's the weather holding out? Looks like you are getting some more normal temperatures for a while.

Good luck with the haying.

We had a few days of stormy weather.... heavy windrows that would not dry...... Debbie had a little scare and went to the doc in WL....... Anyway, the skidderman baled 170 silage bales on Sunday, shortly after baling was finished we recieved a half inch of rain. We wrapped them Monday, did a few repairs Tues and cut again for the first time in 5 days yesterday.

Crop is phenomonal. Still have a few spots too wet to cut but they are drying.

Latest posts