• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Haymaker- Rain?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

My sister called and they got 4 inches of rain at their place yesterday...
She sounded pretty happy !!! :)

yes, finally got a good rain last nite, was 3 and 1/2 inches in the rain gauge this morning..................good luck

Justin said:
good for you Hay Maker

Thanks, Justin........OT sounds like your sister was in the right place at the right time, just got off the phone with a Lady that rances in Mason but lives in Austin, she got 1.8, I think just about everyone got some rain outa this spell I was out last nite so didnt watch the radar but from what I can tell it was wide spread, have'nt heard from the folks south of San Antonio yet but I bet they did alright.
good luck

Faster horses said:
:clap:
That's good news, Haymaker.

We even mangaged to get some and we needed it.
Not as bad as you, but it was sure nice to see that it can rain.

Sure was nice to see it, first real rain we had around here in years, gonna take more tho to get some pastures recovered and get some of us old geezers back on a tractor...................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Faster horses said:

Sure was nice to see it, first real rain we had around here in years, gonna take more tho to get some pastures recovered and get some of us old geezers back on a tractor...................good luck

It would be nice if you had something to do besides get into mischief. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Congrats on getting some rain, sucks to be droughted out. :???:

Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:
Faster horses said:

It would be nice if you had something to do besides get into mischief. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Congrats on getting some rain, sucks to be droughted out. :???:

hey, I gotta stay busy even if it is at the water hole playin moon :D
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Justin said:
good for you Hay Maker

Thanks, Justin........OT sounds like your sister was in the right place at the right time, just got off the phone with a Lady that rances in Mason but lives in Austin, she got 1.8, I think just about everyone got some rain outa this spell I was out last nite so didnt watch the radar but from what I can tell it was wide spread, have'nt heard from the folks south of San Antonio yet but I bet they did alright.
good luck

Haymaker- my sister sold their house and place near Hutto this summer-- and are building a new house on their place near Llano... Until they get the new house built they are living in their camper trailer parked down by the corrals/well - so she says they now officially qualify as "Texas trailer trash"... :wink:

We picked up about a 1/2 inch of rain on Friday which was good to lower the fire danger with antelope season starting--but some areas around us picked up as much as 3 inchs.....

Boy those fires really been playin hell in Tx, most counties under a burn ban, be quite awhile before I can burn brush,got several i need to burn, dang varmints like brush piles,but at least none of them damn big wood rats around here yet.
good luck

Glad to hear you got some rain where it was needed. :D

You be careful of any more big rains Hay Maker, rising water will move those packrats to the high spots. :wink:

How much more rain or how long of time is needed to bring things back?

gcreekrch said:
Glad to hear you got some rain where it was needed. :D

You be careful of any more big rains Hay Maker, rising water will move those packrats to the high spots. :wink:

How much more rain or how long of time is needed to bring things back?

I reckon average rain fall which is about 35 inches anually for a couple years would get the cattle and tractors moving again.
good luck

Haven't had any of these in a while.

muddyboots.jpg

LOL yeap I've said several times that I wouldn't mind someone tracking mud into my house. Well.....yesterday I got to get the broom out and sweep up mud that fell out. Instead of sand that's been the norm around here for a good long while.

We got 1 1/2 inches here at the house and 1 3/4 at the cow pasture. Thank the Lord for the rain!!!!

Latest posts