• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Head wear?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

loomixguy said:
pups and bucks said:
I'm always looking for my next straw hat.....have to try on several hats at several different stores.......has to fit right and have a lot of ventilation holes in it

If it doesn't have a bunch of holes in it you just as well wear yer old felt hat.........lot of the straw hats on the market could hold water if not for the 3 itty bitty grimmet holes on each side

I don't use a stampeed string,but would be handy at times......

I'm on the American kick right now...nothing but American straws or felt for me. That being said, Resistol makes a damn good straw in their 10x USTRC Wildfire hat. It has enough ventilation AND a Dri-Lex sweatband, which practically eliminates the need for a stampede string...it WILL stay on your head, comfortably. The only downside is the Dri-lex will begin to stink during the 2nd season. I got almost 2 full summers out of mine until my wife made me get rid of it due to the smell. I will admit, even with Febreezing it, it was pretty damn rank. Right now I wear a 5525 American straw. NRS carries them both.

You can buy a hat without trying it on? Wow, you should see what goes
on when Mr. FH buys a hat. :shock:

I ran into Curt Pate at one of his clinics and he asked how Mr. FH was.
He said the last time he saw him was in Helena, Mt. at Capital Sports and
Western Wear. He was trying on hats. I thought that was funny, Curt
remembering that. :D

Mr. FH usually says something like "I'll wear the box and throw the hat away." :p :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I honestly don't remember the last time I was in a store to "try things on". I know what I want & like. In the last 10 years, I think I've sent one pair of boots back that were too small, and one hat that the order got totally screwed up on. Postage is a lot cheaper than gas, and it always seems like I have more productive things to do than spend all day driving and trying something on. I can do that from my own home, on my time. With hats, it's generally not so much a problem with the hat itself, as it is a problem with the crease...FWIW.

I've also ordered a new truck before without ever driving a similar one beforehand, or even setting foot inside the dealership until I took delivery. It's amazing what you can do with a cell phone while driving down the road to the next place. :wink: :wink: :D

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a513/fultonmark/bandanasunshade_zps42d46cda.jpg

I may have figured out posting photos, if so here's one of me with my bandana and ballcap for keeping out the sun.

bighead said:
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a513/fultonmark/bandanasunshade_zps42d46cda.jpg

I may have figured out posting photos, if so here's one of me with my bandana and ballcap for keeping out the sun.

Ya but how do we know that's you? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts