• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Heck of a Mule

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I would like to have me a damn mule like that, I have always wanted one that I could team rope off of seems to me one would make a pretty good heelin mule.
good luck

Yeah, that's pretty neat how protective she is (or aggressive, depending on your point of view :D :shock: ). Either way, it sure seems like it would be handy to have a mule like that on a cow calf outfit.

I met a guy that would only work calves (when dragging them to the fire) with one particular mule. I saw them working and can't say I blame him; that mule did everything except throw, dally, and coil the rope afterwards. This guy could drop the reins and the mule would set up the shot, turn around when the guy got dallied up, and would walk right over to the ground crew. It was pretty cool to watch.

I agree with you about using a mule for heeling; the right one would probably be tough to beat. I'm sure someone does it competitively, I just have never met anyone that does. I really like watching a good mule work.

Hi FH :)

Been doing well health wise. Thank you for asking! :D

I feel pretty good, actually, and have gotten my weight back. I will be needing to change medications again in the next week or so; apparently the one I have been on has stopped being as effective as the doctors want it to be, and they're going to try something else to try to continue to keep this thing under control.

But, I feel well and I'm in much better condition than I was a couple of years ago. So, I thank God every day that I get to hug my wife and kids and go out to try to make a living :D

Are you staying warm over there?

Latest posts