• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Heifer Scholarship

Help Support Ranchers.net:

VCC

Reaction score
Well,wanted to update everyone on my project, I posted on here about 9 months ago or so that I had formed a foundation in honor of my grandson, to give a heifer scholarship to a youth in our state, we provide the heifer, feed and entry fees for the year, at the end of the year the heifer goes back to the breeder and the young person will receive $1000. My marketing skills or not the greatest so we only received 5 applications, all 5 were outstanding young people who were the type you want to help. We ended giving the scholarship to a young lady, from the Woodlake area of California. All though all 5 board members read the applications separately, we all had put her at the top of our list.
We are also sponsoring a steer, we provide the steer and feed, the young man show the steer and then when it is sold at fair, the foundation gets the proceeds and he will receive $500 for his efforts. We will promote the program prior to the auction to see if we can raise some extra for the program, all in all it has been a great experience.
I hope word gets out and we can grow over the next few years and at some point hand out several scholarship a year.
Pat Baker
currenscows.com

Leanin' H, I thought I did reply on the 5 of march, I sent you another PM, let me know if you received that one.

Latest posts