• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Help me name my dog...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TimH

Reaction score
Our Border Collie got runned over by the school bus and kilt, just after Christmas. Her name was Jackie.
Yesterday we got another Border puppy to replace her. She is a big girl and very shy. Traditional Border coloring. I'd post a picture but I'm way too lazy.
We are having a hard time choosing a name for her.I wanted to call her "Hyper", but the wife says no.
Any suggestions on a name for her??? The boys want to call her "Turd Ferguson" but momma says no to that as well.
Please help!!!! :D :D

Turd would work well-- Anything one syllable with a strong sound works best when training them-- and if you have multiple dogs, names with different sounds keeps them getting confused to which one you are talking to......

Call it "Bloomer".

That way every time you see the dog it will remind you to change those nasty a$$ underwear. :shock:

best dog I ever had was named dumbsh!t he was a great dog, real smart, loyal, and just loved attention.then one lazy summer day we had company....was nice to get a visit from Mike, even if he is an Auburn fan......but every time I called the dog, Mike answered......it became very confusing.

that dog died a few years ago, the new dog is named Mr. Big Nuts. won't be any confusion with Mike if he visits again!

Dang Jigs. You really know how to cut someone to the bone. :oops:

I'll pay you back come Sept. 2.

I promise. :shock:

Mike said:
Call it "Bloomer".

That way every time you see the dog it will remind you to change those nasty a$$ underwear. :shock:

Are you still on that underwear fetish thing Mike??? I'll have you know that I have not worn any underwear for over a year now just because of the complex you have given me. :wink:
Besides, I like OT's idea of a simple, one sylable name. Instead of "bloomer" it would be "Brief" or "Gaunch" or maybe even "Thong". :D

Mmmmm..... let me think. :roll:

Humour the boys and call her Fergie. 8)

You can still call her Turd if you're mad at her, and Fergie is a good Scottish name, just like she's a good Scottish breed.

:D :D :D :D :D

Our border collie had white feet so our daughter named her Sneaker.
Sneaker / Sneak was a gentle, happy and smart dog, quite a loss when she died.

Whatever you do, stand outside your house and yell the dog's name as loud as you can. It's a good test if you'll like the name. If it embarasses you or your wife, pick another name.

N/D said:
Whatever you do, stand outside your house and yell the dog's name as loud as you can. It's a good test if you'll like the name. If it embarasses you or your wife, pick another name.

Well so much for my suggestion then :???: ...............good luck

Mike said:
Dang Jigs. You really know how to cut someone to the bone. :oops:

I'll pay you back come Sept. 2.

I promise. :shock:
couldn't resist. as I was feeding today, it ran through my mind again, and I got a chuckle out of it then!

sometimes it is nice to be a simpleton ...... makes me easily amused!

Reading this I'm a little confused whether I should be serious or not...but here it goes,we had pups one year,purebred border collies and I fell in love with this pretty female. I named her Pandy because of her panda bear colour.I'm not sure but I bet the Mrs. would like that name better then the ones you and your boys chose Tim :p

good friend had a dog named "dammit"......loved it when I'd hear him yellin on his porch "COME HERE, DAMMIT!!".................

course, "turd" works for me!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

We have always ended up with "J" names for our cowdogs....Jake, Janie, Jill.......hubby's first dog was "cowboy"....not original, but it suited him just fine!!
:D :D :D

I ahve a dog that should have been named a$$ puppy as that is what he gets called all the time.. And yes, he comes to it.. The name just fit him perfectly.. Gosh, he was a pain and that personality is still there.. Just a mischievous little look on his face at all times.

Keep it simple. Like in one of John Wayne's movies, BIG JAKE, he called his dog, "Dog." That would be easy to remember.

When I was a kid, our bachelor neighbor had a dog, "Chris." He had a grandson by the same name, so the dog was called "Chris" so it would be easier to remember the grandson's name.

And then there is my friend who named his dog "Twice" because it never came if he just called it "Once." :wink:

Latest posts