• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Help on stock trailer...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Curly

Reaction score
I need to get a stock trailer. I could go with a regular stock trailer or even a bumper pull.

What would a guy need to pay to get a decent used trailer? Any brands to avoid? Aluminum or steel?

Thanks guys.

Curly

I have one I would sell for $1,000. the rust is free, and only a small sur-charge for the garden fertilizer in it.

problem I have is I bought a 1 ton, and the box is too high for my old trailer. gotta be VERY careful, or crinkle the sides.

We paid $1000 for our 20 ft gooseneck about 10 years ago. Used.

Then we bought a 12 ft small gooseneck new for $1200 a couple years ago.

Course these are both open stock trailers.......n by open I mean, they have bars on the top, but aren't enclosed. Except we have a tarp top on one.

As someone who has had a couple of dozen trailers I need a little more info to help you. What are you going to be Hauling?? how often?? what are you going to pull it with?? If you are just hauling horses or goats etc on smooth roads you could use a aluminum trailer but it will hurt your pocket book. not so smooth roads stick with the steel and I'm more partial to steel for cattle unless it is a hiway only trailer for show cattle, long hauls, etc. Aluminum seems to fall apart on rough roads. JMO

New steel 80"x20' $6500

100_0598.jpg

You're right in the neighborhood of Waterville Ks right - home of Titan/Travelong and one other co. they'd sure as hell make you a purple one, but white with purple acents would look way cooler.

Carter said:
...I need a little more info to help you. What are you going to be Hauling?? how often?? what are you going to pull it with??

Thanks for the posts you have given so far guys. I have a nice featherlite horse trailer so this one will just be for the cattle. I would like something that would haul 12 or so cows but if I got a bumper pull 6 or 8 cows would be fine. The trailer will not be used but a couple times a month and mostly on paved roads. My truck is a 3/4 ton GMC duramax.

Denny said:
New steel 80"x20' $6500

100_0598.jpg

Very nice trailer, that would suit me just fine-- other than the price. :wink: I am putting quite a bit of money into my squeeze chute and a crowding system so I need to go about half the price of that trailer, even less than that if I can get something that will serve my purpose.

Brad S said:
You're right in the neighborhood of Waterville Ks right - home of Titan/Travelong and one other co. they'd sure as hell make you a purple one, but white with purple acents would look way cooler.

yes I am pretty close to waterville, but also know most of the guys at Hillsboro, Circle D, and Donahue..... I almost went to work for Jim Donahue once..... but just did not think it was a good move at the time. now I am wondering if I made an error in not doing it.

but I would rather buy a trailer from Denny, where my money would go to the trailer, not a huge company.

Denny, I need that trailer purple/white complete with a dead Jayhawk dragging out from under the back!

jigs said:
Brad S said:

yes I am pretty close to waterville, but also know most of the guys at Hillsboro, Circle D, and Donahue..... I almost went to work for Jim Donahue once..... but just did not think it was a good move at the time. now I am wondering if I made an error in not doing it.

but I would rather buy a trailer from Denny, where my money would go to the trailer, not a huge company.

Denny, I need that trailer purple/white complete with a dead Jayhawk dragging out from under the back!

We've painted them purple before (Mn Viking's Fan's).Mustard yellow,Hot Pink, Puke Green/Gray some people are strange about colors.

Denny said:
jigs said:
Brad S said:

We've painted them purple before (Mn Viking's Fan's).Mustard yellow,Hot Pink, Puke Green/Gray some people are strange about colors.

Some cows are strange about colors too. LOL Mr Lilly had a great uncle that had a trailer that was so yellow it would make your eyes hurt. No matter how calmly we worked his cows when it come time to load anything they were pert near dead by the time we could get em to finally load up in that daggum thang. We kept tellin him it was the trailer, and he didn't believe us. He showed up while we were workin our own cows and loadin up some one day, and they loaded so nice and easy. I said, "See.....our trailer aint yellow" LOL He finally painted the thing black, and after that didnt have any more problems loadin.

Latest posts