• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Herdbull pic

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jason

Reaction score
If this works it is a picture of a bull I raised in '98. The pic was taken in the fall of 2000 after he bred 35 cows for the summer, and he gained some weight back.
65H.jpg

Pedigree and numbers
here

http://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i4.dll?1=20213329&2=2434&3=56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=5A5D5C255824222322&9=525E5B5B

Nice looking bull....Not something I would use--too high of BW EPD and too much Hoff bloodlines....Whenever I think of Hoff's I think of saddle horse sized angus.....

The nice thing about this fella is he really packs a powerful son but mostly a moderate daughter. I have had a couple daughters that got too extreme, but it is rare.

The 315 cow he was out of is still going at 16 years. She is a nice sized, but smaller than my average cow.

The picture really doesn't show how much rump this bull had.

I lost him to a rogue infection that settled in his hock. The vet almost killed him when lancing it, and I got another year after that, but his leg was just too damaged to travel. I still have about 300 units of semen so am well looked after there.

The Hoff bloodlines have treated me well, although there are a few I wouldn't use. I never used Valedictorian, I can't remember exactly why, maybe it was a pedigree issue.

I have used First Edition this year going back looking for some more performance I gave up over the last couple years. The calves look good so far.

Latest posts