• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hereford and blacks...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy said:
R A said:
Sweet! I pretended that was my herd while watching it... :D
have the kids run them around the barn 3 or 4 times and you just set at one corner and count R A :D

:lol: :lol:

gonna take more than 3 or 4 times.... :D . 2........4.........6..... C'MON BOYS, I'M NOT FEELING THE VIBE OF A BIG HERD YET......8......FASTER, FASTER....10..12..14..16.18...HANG IN THEIR COWIES..... :D

burnt said:
jodywy said:
R A said:
Sweet! I pretended that was my herd while watching it... :D
have the kids run them around the barn 3 or 4 times and you just set at one corner and count R A :D

:lol2: :lol2:

I've heard of guys who fooled their banker with that trick!
coffee shop for breakfast on the east side of the state . Banker comes in asked the big guy at the table where the sheep are he has mortgaged to the bank. The big guy says they in that hill pasture behind my barn , go out and count them. After the banker left the other rancher sitting at the table said that not your pasture that your neighbors. To which the big guy said and so are the sheep I sold mine 3 years ago. :shock:

gcreekrch said:
They look good Ace, are you feeding them now or were you just moving pastures?

The other weekend when the cold stuff rolled in I decided to star feeding a couple bales every other day. I actually went over to try and lead them back to the reservoir cause they quit going to drink once we got the fresh snow on top again... But the pickup fouled a plug right then and we were a hike from the house with my little girl along for the ride home sick from school. The thought popped in my head about hoofing it home in 15 below with biting breeze we just rolled the hay out and skidattled. Didn't look too thirsty to me. Those girls are on about 5 sections of crop stubble hay field and Maria's breaks so plenty of grazing just more my soft spot.

My boy puts these videos on YouTube. Saw this one he took this summer. Smart a$$ just like his dad I see - farm safety 101 lol.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4SRkPWBp_-c&feature=c4-feed-u

Hereford76 said:
gcreekrch said:

The other weekend when the cold stuff rolled in I decided to star feeding a couple bales every other day. I actually went over to try and lead them back to the reservoir cause they quit going to drink once we got the fresh snow on top again... But the pickup fouled a plug right then and we were a hike from the house with my little girl along for the ride home sick from school. The thought popped in my head about hoofing it home in 15 below with biting breeze we just rolled the hay out and skidattled. Didn't look too thirsty to me. Those girls are on about 5 sections of crop stubble hay field and Maria's breaks so plenty of grazing just more my soft spot.

My boy puts these videos on YouTube. Saw this one he took this summer. Smart a$$ just like his dad I see - farm safety 101 lol.

One does what one has to. :wink: :lol:

Well better then running the tractor through the corral!

Family just got done watching it and son's first remark is what in the heck are they doing?
Darrell didn't even know that was you Ace! LOL!

Hereford76 said:
gcreekrch said:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tool+for+the+job++corb+lund&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=3D2EE6B70756067E15163D2EE6B70756067E1516

I Luv Herfrds said:
Well better then running the tractor through the corral!

Family just got done watching it and son's first remark is what in the heck are they doing?
Darrell didn't even know that was you Ace! LOL!

Ya - that same question goes thru my mind multiple times a day.

My younger boy is pretty sneaky with his videoing dont even know he is doing it sometimes.

We were trying to get the wedge key out of the outside pulley on that side drive line. It may as well been welded in there. My boys were trying to come up with 4h demonstrations so we built a home made slide and welded it to the wedge key. Just couldnt get enough umph behind it. We added some vibration with air hammer, still no luck. So we welded some rod to the end of the slide so someone could hold it steady, a little vibration, then beat the heck out of it with an axe and finally. That coggeg pulley was 300 something nd did not want to replace it. Usually where there is a will...

Latest posts