• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

herefords bulls

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We have been using Topp Hereford bulls for more than 10 years. We started buying them when they just were starting out. Our replacement heifers and cows that are sired by them are pretty low maintenance. Their udders are awesome and the calves that they raise are awesome. They also have great moderate frame size. I even think we have some cows sire by Topp bulls that are about 13 years old and are still going strong. We have had great experiences with them and I would recommend them to any one looking for good quality genetics.

149379_10151699835490603_1565956219_n.jpg

The blacks are daughters out of Topp sired mama's and the calf is out of a Topp bull

36370_10150211171660603_8311806_n.jpg

This is a Calf sired Victor 719T

34086_10150215255505603_7719427_n.jpg

Another 719T son.[/img]

I would recommend either Doug Thorston who posted earlier on this thread or Ken Coleman out in Colorado. Look at Coleman herefords online or PM me and i can send ya his website. Both guys treated me like family and answered all my questions. Honest and decent folks at both outfits.

In all seriousness, I'd say you could get a better bull than that Topp Embryo bull somebody pictured at either Doug's or Ken's....

And probably for a HELL of a lot cheaper....

Just my .02

If I needed a Hereford bull I'd be in Westcliffe, CO in a big hurry. The photos that Ken has posted on here will knock your eyeballs out. I'm not even a Hereford user, but those cattle look great to me. :shock:

If you are looking at moderating size - or running moderated sized more functionally efficient and maternal cattle using Hereford bulls someone you might look at is Kit Pharaoh (Pharaoh Cattle Company)...I don't know what he has now- but he did have some cooperators that ran good moderate range type herd bulls...

Another place that is known for their promotion of moderate functional maternal cattle where you can get semen from is Sustainable Genetics:
http://www.sustainablegenetics.com/index.html

I don't know anything about the Herefords they now have listed-but do know if they are as good as some of the angus they list they would work well for you...

SMNherf has posted some pictures of some good looking cattle in my opinion. Polled with a lot of capacity and not too framey.

nortexsook said:
Jeesh Leaning H, they giving ya a commission???????

Heck no! In fact, they probably are ticked off that i mentioned i know them! :lol: :lol: They told me not to tell anybody they knew me. :wink:

AngusCowBoy said:
Justin said:
Mrnak Hereford, Bowman, ND would get my vote. they have been in the business a very long time. good cattle and great people.

Justin, have you ever seen those bulls in person, in the videos, they look quite big, but just wondering if there a little smaller in person?

i have seen a few and i like the looks of them. i'm no hereford expert by any means, but regardless of the color, i would call them good cattle. if i'm not mistaken they sell 2 year olds, not yearlings. perhaps why they looked bigger in the videos.

I agree that Colemans and Thorson would be good places to look and would also mention the Miles City station. All of these places have cattle that are very functional plus the linebreeding will give you an extra kick on a cross.

I've solved the problem to everyone's liking!!!!!

You can do three things that have been advised ALL AT THE VERY SAME TIME!!!!

1. Get your Hereford genetics from a CAN
2. Get your Hereford genetics from Coleman Herefords
3. Get your Hereford genetics from Thorson Herefordss

Just contact Mr. Coleman or Mr. Thorson about semen on the fine Hereford Bull pictured on the right of this picture!!!

IMG_3975.jpg

Latest posts