• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

He's gone

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shelly

Reaction score
and I'm already feeling a tad bit lonely. My husband has gone to Alberta to work, left this morning. We've been married 20 years and have never been apart for more than two or three days a couple of times in those 20 years. The next 25 days will be a tough go for me, then he'll be back hopefully to stay. If not, then I'll have four days with him till he goes back again. (I knew we shouldn't have sold them darn cows!)

I think I would sell some farm equipment and a New Truck before I would leave my home and wife to chase the almighty Dollar.A friend of mine has done the same thing the last 10 month's now he is single and not likeing it.I hope time passes by for you quickly.People need to learn to do without all the extra stuff and hold on to what matter's and that's family and family life.

Like a friend of mine allway's say's "Never Seen a Brink's truck Following a Hearse"

Put some spice in your life and find you a boyfriend close by. :lol:

By the way, get a married one and he'll keep his mouth shut. :shock:

Keep yourself busy and the time will pass fast.
There are alot of wives who have to hold the fort down while the husband is working far from home. I hope yall have a great cell phone plan or atleast able to call each other everyday. I dont know what he is doing but I know a site for wives of truckers who support each other and vent and just share the joys and tears of the lifestyle. You dont have to be a wife of a trucker, I am sure they would welcome you and help you through this hard time. As you will find many dont understand the things you will be going through. Yall will be in my thoughts and prayers, we all have to do things to put food on the table and keep our dream alive.

Mike said:

Mike- I would expect that from jigs- Buttttttttt

I don't even want to hear jigs advice now :wink: :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
Mike said:

Mike- I would expect that from jigs- Buttttttttt

I don't even want to hear jigs advice now :wink: :lol: :lol:

I think Mike just gave us some "info " with that post!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kola hit exactly what I was thinking....ole Mike has used the married boyfriend routine to pass some time before!!!

Shelly, I can solve BOTH problems for you.... I have cows, and I fit Mikes solution. a package deal!

jigs said:
kola hit exactly what I was thinking....ole Mike has used the married boyfriend routine to pass some time before!!!

Ok....I'm gonna go faint and fall on the floor HARD and see if I can quit thinking like jigs!!!

See what crazy friends you have on ranchers Shelly :D Wheres hubby working? If close to us,come visit :)

Can your hubby take mine with him????? :D
I would absolutely LOVE to have 25 days... or much more of FREEDOM!!!
I really really really need a break!!

Jigger Boss said:
Can your hubby take mine with him????? :D
I would absolutely LOVE to have 25 days... or much more of FREEDOM!!!
I really really really need a break!!
YOU so said what I was thinking :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

My wife was working away from home up until may of this year(for two years) but we were able to see each other on weekends. It got a little lonely at times . We got a phone plan were we could call anywhere anytime which helped.. And to pass the time i played poker lol

Mrs. Greg, he's halfway between Lac La Biche and Fort Mac. He's running a Cat building sites for leases.

Jigger Boss, I thought the same thing too when I found out he was going, but as today got closer, my opinion changed on that pretty fast. When you have someone around you basically 24/7, when they're gone, there's a HUGE empty spot left in your life.

As for talking on the phone, that'll be hit and miss. Our nephew is up there, and he says cell phone service is on again- off again.

Best friend took pity on me today, his family was having a get-together and they insisted I come over just so I wouldn't be alone. (Thanks Bruce.)

No cows, no hubby, living on the frozen prairie of Saskatcharoon-----
sounds like time to catch a plane to Cancun :wink: :lol:

Shelly said:
Jigger Boss, I thought the same thing too when I found out he was going, but as today got closer, my opinion changed on that pretty fast. When you have someone around you basically 24/7, when they're gone, there's a HUGE empty spot left in your life.

My hubby used to work away quite often working on logging equipment.
I LOVED and cherished every moment he was gone!! I really really miss my time alone!! :cry:

Shelly, I worked away for a few years(Ft. McMurray) and I feel your pain. The wife had to check cows and fix fence and do all that without me, and she was not a farm girl -big learning curve. Don't let it get you down. If it's tough being apart, that says alot about your relationship. Obviously you 2 are close to one another, and that strength will see you through. My folks are approaching 60, and my Dad still works away in the oilpatch. My Mom goes with him when she's lonely, just to ride around in the truck with him for a few days, then comes home again.

Chin up, and take care.

Well at least you can have coffee withg the crazy waitress in your local cafe lol. Buy something huge on your credit card that 30 days will pass pretty fast.

Latest posts