• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey OT, hey buddy! Can you give an honest answer?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Whitewing

Reaction score
Has the fact that Obama sealed his college records ever bothered you?

I've long thought it odd that he'd do so and as more and more stories about his past surfaced, I figured there must be something to hide there.

Of course, the media were always too busy in Wasilla looking for dirt on Palin to be bothered with The One.

Anyway, the recent story about his publisher saying he was born in Kenya seems to have others thinking what I've wondered for some time. Perhaps our president gamed the system back then and is ashamed to admit it?

Here's a decent piece on story:

http://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2012/05/18/the-mystery-of-the-kenyan-birth/?singlepage=true

My wife Sheryl and I, like Nick and Nora Charles, discussed it over gimlets this evening. We both agreed the mystery lay somewhere in Obama's college and university years at Occidental, Columbia, and Harvard. We knew, as you do, there must be an explanation for why the court eunuchs of the mainstream media have never bothered even to investigate the scholastic career of the most powerful person in the world.
Because Obama got bad grades? Yawn — so did Bush, Kerry, Biden, Ted Kennedy, and dozens of others who later found themselves making life or death decisions over our lives.

No, it had to be something more significant, more potentially dangerous. What if, we thought, as others have suggested, the reason Obama's school records have not surfaced is that he enrolled, at one of those institutions at least, as a foreign student — a Kenyan?

But why would he choose to do that? Well, maybe for a grant, a subvention, a scholarship that was available uniquely to students from Africa or similar locales.

Yes, I know that's not "fair," in the lexicon of the Lord of Fairness, to have adopted a phony identity and deprived others of an opportunity they may have more richly deserved. But it would certainly fit with Obama's early need to be recognized as a Kenyan by his agent and, presumably, his publisher. As we all know, it's not the crime, but the cover-up. (In this case, actually, it's both.)

ever wonder why a guy who didn't do anything wrote an autobiography.. let alone had two books published before he ever accomplished anything?

Steve said:
ever wonder why a guy who didn't do anything wrote an autobiography.. let alone had two books published before he ever accomplished anything?

and why didn't obama ever correct the Publishers on his place of birth, when they listed the bio for the author of "Dreams"?

kenya-bo.jpg

or, why not in 2003?

"BARACK OBAMA is the junior Democratic senator from Illinois and was the dynamic keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. He was also the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Kenya to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book, DREAMS FROM MY FATHER: A STORY OF RACE AND INHERITANCE, has been a long time New York Times bestseller."

They only changed it in 2007, 2 months before he annoumced he was running for President. :???:

"BARACK OBAMA is the junior Democratic senator from Illinois and was the dynamic keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. He was also the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Hawaii to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book, DREAMS FROM MY FATHER: A STORY OF RACE AND INHERITANCE, has been a long time New York Times bestseller."

Such a false statement in the context of trying to obtain a contract for a book -- a commercial transaction -- might make the misrepresentation punishable at law. On the other hand, the misrepresentation may have been designed to induce more people to buy the prospective book, which would be another legal no-no.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/05/obama_the_inchoate_kenyan.html#ixzz1vZ4ezkJP

You expect oldtimer to ever be honest????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Whitewing said:

I never really thought about it- because I know of no action Obama did besides what I or any other intelligent responsible citizen has done to keep his personal/financial records private from every nutcase and crook in the world... That is essentially nothing since such records such as those are already considered private and personal and can't be released without specific authorization...

Oldtimer said:
Whitewing said:

I never really thought about it- because I know of no action Obama did besides what I or any other intelligent responsible citizen has done to keep his personal/financial records private from every nutcase and crook in the world... That is essentially nothing since such records such as those are already considered private and personal and can't be released without specific authorization...

Usually college records are asked for, and released, when you apply for a job, like obama did in 2008.

Oldtimer said:
Whitewing said:

539915_10150750720482740_1636060419_n.jpg

Oldtimer said:
Whitewing said:

Oldtimer Please tell us how many other Presidents, as far as that goes candidates for President have been allowed to seal their private records so the voters have no idea who they are actually voting for? And while you are providing that list, Please provide the list of accomplishments your hero has while being President that warrents another four years, as i'm still waiting for that list. :wink:

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
Whitewing said:

Oldtimer Please tell us how many other Presidents, as far as that goes candidates for President have been allowed to seal their private records so the voters have no idea who they are actually voting for? And while you are providing that list, Please provide the list of accomplishments your hero has while being President that warrents another four years, as i'm still waiting for that list. :wink:

Well for starters- your hero GW Bush was able to keep his military/NG records closed for years- until the courts finally decided parts had to be given up under the FOIA... But none of the small amount released disclosed what the suits were looking for- under who's authorization and how GW got out of his military contract and flying committment 2 years early- especially during a wartime....If a normal person had just up and skipped out on his flying physical and quit like GW did- they would have been sleeping in a hooch in Vietnam- and/or dodging missiles over Hanoi the next day....

For starters on Obama accomplishments---Like it or not- Obama has done what Presidents for 50 years have tried to do- get a comprehensive health care/health care insurance law passed thru Congress...He even got the type mandate that was the original idea of Nixon and later refined by the very conservative National Heritage Foundation past a Dem controlled Congress... For years (prior to the Iraq War and Bush Bust superceding it) Health Care has been the #1 issue of voters...Every President since Nixon tried to do something....GW even ran with health care/insurance reform as his #1 campaign promise- another promise he immediately forgot after his election...

While I don't agree with all of Obama's social, enviro, and energy policy or decisions-- I still have to say that our local economy is the best its been in for about as long as I can remember...Record cattle prices- good grain prices- moderate gas prices (compared with GW's)- anyone wanting a job can get a good one- farmers, ranchers, businessmen smiling... Empty storefronts that closed during the Bush years leading up to or including the Bust are all reopening...Business's expanding ( Farm Equipment building a new $1.5+ Million shop addition, new Shopko going in, etc. etc) Its nice to see money circulating and folks smiling again....

Knew you couldn't make a post without blaming Bush, Of course you would only be aware of what goes on in your little world...If you think 3.89 at 1st and 4th at the Cenex is moderate that kinda shows your mentality

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
Oldtimer said:

Well for starters- your hero GW Bush was able to keep his military/NG records closed for years- until the courts finally decided parts had to be given up under the FOIA... But none of the small amount released disclosed what the suits were looking for- under who's authorization and how GW got out of his military contract and flying committment 2 years early- especially during a wartime....If a normal person had just up and skipped out on his flying physical and quit like GW did- they would have been sleeping in a hooch in Vietnam- and/or dodging missiles over Hanoi the next day....

For starters on Obama accomplishments---Like it or not- Obama has done what Presidents for 50 years have tried to do- get a comprehensive health care/health care insurance law passed thru Congress...He even got the type mandate that was the original idea of Nixon and later refined by the very conservative National Heritage Foundation past a Dem controlled Congress... For years (prior to the Iraq War and Bush Bust superceding it) Health Care has been the #1 issue of voters...Every President since Nixon tried to do something....GW even ran with health care/insurance reform as his #1 campaign promise- another promise he immediately forgot after his election...

While I don't agree with all of Obama's social, enviro, and energy policy or decisions-- I still have to say that our local economy is the best its been in for about as long as I can remember...Record cattle prices- good grain prices- moderate gas prices (compared with GW's)- anyone wanting a job can get a good one- farmers, ranchers, businessmen smiling... Empty storefronts that closed during the Bush years leading up to or including the Bust are all reopening...Business's expanding ( Farm Equipment building a new $1.5+ Million shop addition, new Shopko going in, etc. etc) Its nice to see money circulating and folks smiling again....

Adjusted for inflation our cattle prices aren't as good as the 1970's, many of those storefronts that closed were the result of the conservation reserve program CRP and the move to bigger farms.

Oldtimer said:
Whitewing said:

My gut feeling is that Obama has, through the years, misrepresented his birthplace when it suited his needs. That's why I suspect he keeps his college records sealed. If he misrepresented that detail in order to gain admission to a university (a financial gain btw), then he possibly committed fraud.

What other reason could there be to keep the records sealed? After all, he's the most intelligent man ever elected to the office and I'm sure his college records would confirm that. Doesn't want to reveal his SS #? I think he's got several. :???:

And speaking of intelligent responsible citizens keeping their personal records private from every nutcase and crook in the world, do you recall the hysterics from you and your merry band of koolaid kultists demanding that I post my personal information here when I first started posting? :lol:

I thought maybe you'd forgotten about that.

The man who wants to be president, the man who wants to saddle your grandkids, and their grandkids with debt gets a pass on transparency. But the man who posts an opposing political view to yours on a cattle forum gets an OT-procto-exam.

I just love how the liberal mind "works".

I see ot isn't capable of understanding Inflation and the effects of it and it's taxing abilities

As far as health care being a success it is only implemented, by far from being a succcess. Most economists predict it's failure. Not to mention it hasn't even passed the Supreme Court. So how can he tout it's greatness when it has even been declared consitutional

The way ot sees things...says a lot
423888_3337129593045_1412785955_33318364_647382944_n.jpg

Big Muddy rancher said:
Adjusted for inflation our cattle prices aren't as good as the 1970's, many of those storefronts that closed were the result of the conservation reserve program CRP and the move to bigger farms.

Others have pointed out to OT that what's good for Montana may not be so good for the rest of the nation but Mr. "It's important what the majority of Americans think", just keeps plugging along repeating the same line day in and day out.

And actually, what appears to be good for Montana this time around may not really be good for the state at all. High commodity prices and high energy prices are in great part due to a loss of faith in the US dollar. Is that a good thing? Well, I guess if the goal is to repay China with worthless greenbacks then it is a good thing.

But heck, as long as my family and I are doing okay, then the rest of the nation be damned. Right OT?

Oldtimer said:

Bush's Military Record Reveals
Grounding and Absence
for Two Full Years

by Robert A. Rogers
(ret. 1st Lt. Mission Pilot)

October 4, 2000

http://democrats.com/display.cfm?id=154
And when was GW Bush elected US President Oldtimer was it not Nov. 2000 a month after the Democrat posted this article about what his Military record revealed on line? :roll: Sealed for years :roll:
BTW Oldtimer seems you think because McCains campaign didn't say anything about Obama's sealed records it should not be an issue to voters so why is it when Gore's campaign didn't make a big deal about Bush's military records (according to this DEMOCRAT website) is it such a big issue to you still 12 years later? :? Is it because Bush his an R behind his name and Obama has a D. Sealed records when you are campaigning for the most powerful office in the World should be COMPLETELY FORBIDDEN. People have a right to know everything about the person sitting in the oval office if they are to trust them. Anyhing that a candidate is willing to hide at great expense from the voters is a issue that could be used to BLACKMAIL said person.

Oldtimer" said:
I seem to remember asking you to provide a list of accomplishments that warrent another four years. :? Does getting a soon to be ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL bill that violates the First Amendment through a Democrat Controled House and a Filibuster proof Democrat Senate completely on a party line vote an accomplishment in your books? Just how many more years will it take for this accomplishment to clear all the legal hurdles it has in it's way, I hear 12 more law suits were filed this week? BTW if Obama throught it was a great accomplishment why isn't he running on the fact he did something that could not be done for the last 50 years? OH YEA I remember a large majority of voters dislike the bill and want it repealed as soon as possible. Want to try again on the list of accomplishments that warrent another four years Oldtimer? :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
While I don't agree with all of Obama's social, enviro, and energy policy or decisions-- I still have to say that our local economy is the best its been in for about as long as I can remember...Record cattle prices- good grain prices- moderate gas prices (compared with GW's)- anyone wanting a job can get a good one- farmers, ranchers, businessmen smiling... Empty storefronts that closed during the Bush years leading up to or including the Bust are all reopening...Business's expanding ( Farm Equipment building a new $1.5+ Million shop addition, new Shopko going in, etc. etc) Its nice to see money circulating and folks smiling again..

Gee in the North East corner of Montana all that great economic boom is due to Big Oil Companies drilling on PRIVATE and State land. Yes Obama wants to take credit for that but if you are paying attention at all you would know the Obama Administration has nothing to do with even the drilling being done on Federal Land as that drilling is still being done on Premits that the Bush Administration was processing. As for your great cattle prices how do they stack up to the price of gas, cost of machinery, food, and TAXES that have also all INCREASED? Reality is a Bit*h Oldtimer but sooner or later you have to put your big boy pants on and face it. :roll:

I have 5 reasons Obama doesn't deserve another four years.

They all start will with a capital T. They have all happen in the last three years. They have don't nothing to fix the US economy.

5 count them 5 TRILLION with a capital T more dollars in debt. And what is real maddening is the Dems are silent about his out of control spending when they continuely harped on the spending Bush did in 8 years of his Presidency.

What caused this.

A Democrat donors wish list of paybacks and a weak incompetent President that couldn't or wouldn't say NO. Big money executives got their guaranteed bonuses written into bills Obama signed into law, Bankrupting Green energy Executives got bailed out, Pelosi got her mouse habitat and tatoo removal, and all the other Dems got a little something something to appease their big money donors. Those who didn't get guaranteed government grants got taxpayer provided paychecks through Obama Administration jobs. Oh and let us not forget the waivers they got so they don't have to abide by the Great Accomplishment bill you listed Oldtimer.

With a record like that I can see why you would think Obama deserves another four years. NOT :roll:

Latest posts