• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Silver

Help Support Ranchers.net:

3 M L & C

Reaction score
Have you used your new swather yet? I was swathing some irrigated triticale that was shoulder high yesterday with mine. It was really hot and the silage chopper was pretty much right behind me so to keep up was going 11 mph. It's one mowing machine. I did order a push bar for the front of it. I think in the taller crops a person would wear out the plastic shields in no time.

The hay is looking so-so, but a long ways from ready to cut. Got our first meaningful rain of the season over the last few days, about 8/10". Oats are looking great so far.
Glad to hear your machine works well, Now I'm looking forward to using it even more!

Well it seems to work very nicely, no complaints yet. I think NH has made some real progress with this machine.

I would like the cylinder on the swing to be a little longer. When was cutting oats two weeks ago the field was soft and a bit damp. Going one direction the transport wheel would sink in a bit. When turning around going back the swather would pull a little crooked cause of being wet. Then the transport wheel would slide over in its track from the last pass so would only take 11.5-12' per pass. Other than that I really like it.

Latest posts