• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

hillsboro aluminum trailer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowboyup

Reaction score
Has anybody on here pulled or worked with a Hillsboro aluminum stock trailer? I went back through some of the posts and I think every other brand of trailer was mentioned but not Hillsboro. I have a 92 steel Hillsboro that is the best trailer I have pulled and while it still pulls great it is starting to show its age. I have found a hillsboro aluminum trailer that is in my budget and was wondering if anybody has experience with them. I have pulled the other brands and like most of them, so not trying to start a debate on the best trailer just want to find out about the Hillsboro. Thanks in advance

I have Hillsboro endura 24'. I really like it. Smooth inside wall for easy clean out no stakes for manure to get behind. Smooth outside for super nice pulling. I put some horse stall mats in mine from oreschelens as the floor isn't the greatest when slick. The new ones you can get an adjustable front gate in it which I wish I had that in mine. The only other thing that isn't the best is if your buying a new one the tires that come on them are crap. Haven't looked at the new Hillsboro punch out side.

We had a 1993 Hillsboro aluminum trailer that we loved. Just traded it in this winter and there wasn't a broke weld on it. Any troubles with the trailer were man made. We got traded it off this winter not because anything wrong with it just decided to get a longer one. Ours was 20' we went to 24' Wilson.

I did get a chance to see the new ones at the stock show. The adjustable front gate would be a great option especially hauling pairs or with the larger side door you could load a horse or atv after you loaded your cows. the smooth sides are a unique look but straying from the usual style of construction also made me question how well they would hold up. Unfortunately new ones are not in my budget. the one I am interested in is a 26' made in 2000. it has an extra high ceiling that would give the horses a little more headroom but also maybe create a little more drag.

I know a couple of outfits that run Hilly stock trailers. They really like them. Well built and hold up well on rough desert roads. 26' is long for this area as there are too many narrow roads and hard to turn around spots. Good luck with your decision :D

cowboyup said:
I did get a chance to see the new ones at the stock show. The adjustable front gate would be a great option especially hauling pairs or with the larger side door you could load a horse or atv after you loaded your cows. the smooth sides are a unique look but straying from the usual style of construction also made me question how well they would hold up. Unfortunately new ones are not in my budget. the one I am interested in is a 26' made in 2000. it has an extra high ceiling that would give the horses a little more headroom but also maybe create a little more drag.

I watched a dvd of how they were made and supposed to be stronger. I don't know if stronger or not but has a 7 year warranty when I bought mine new. The smooth sides and light weight those trailers pull full like a half loaded steel trailer with the stakes on the outside.

only thing wrong with a Hillsboro is the name.... I graduated from Marion, ten miles East of Hillsboro.... it is a Hatfield/McCoy area.....

jigs said:
only thing wrong with a Hillsboro is the name.... I graduated from Marion, ten miles East of Hillsboro.... it is a Hatfield/McCoy area.....

You don't happen to know Scott Grant do you? I am pretty sure he graduated from Marion in 1985?

A guy in my town has one. Neighbor borrows it to haul pairs in the spring. The hillsboro is pretty well cracked out. Have to consider the owner, the neighbor has a Wilson, and the owner bought it used.

Platniums don't hold up well to super heavy use. Have a dealer here, and full time cattle hauler went from featherlite to platnium. Said it lasted about a 1/3 as long before needing to weld, wiring, and bent axles.

Latest posts