• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

History review

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I never said anything was wrong w/ staying home. I was just asking to see if anyone had any experience in that part of the world.

You SHOULD go....it's a wonderful place filled with such amazing history it's really hard to grasp.

Just think...if it had not been for the early Arabs...we'd not be bitchin' and gripin' on these computers......know why???

stevec said:
Until everyone has the courage of faith, fear wins. Fear cannot be "stopped" it is refused. You can refuse to be afraid.
There's a big difference between being afraid and being prepared, stevie.

I think it saying the same thing basically I said.

No one is saying not be afraid and not be prepared.....but understand WHY you have to do these things is the point.

" Keep your friends close...but your enemies closer"

I never claimed to be an expert on muslims. I've never been to their countries.

Yes you have.
Has everyone forgotten there are somewhere around 5 million Muslims here in the US? The vast majority of whom want nothing more than to pay their taxes, watch TV and be left alone like everyone else.

No one is saying not be afraid and not be prepared.....but understand WHY you have to do these things is the point

And I think too many people confuse Islam with Middle Eastern culture...

BTW, I happened to run across a link that nicely collects some of the outrage and heartbreak within the Muslim community after 9/11.
http://groups.colgate.edu/aarislam/response.htm
and
http://www.al-islam.org/dilp_statement.html

SteveC wrote
Today, our Christian fundies tend not to be violent (although the six church burnings yesterday are an obvious example that we are not beyond it.)

In Alabama ten churches have been burned, and you blame Christian Fundlementalists?

are you smoking something?

Why would a Christian Fundlementqalist burn a church?

They flew planes into our buildings......commited terrorists acts against US and our allies.....yet we should understand them?......

I have been to the Middle East.... from the first Iranian attampt at showing compassion toward US to the last attempt to intervene between a brutal killer and the country he invaded.......for every person I heard a subdued thank you from there was hundreds that showed nothing but utter contempt in thier glares at US.....

they by thier own admittance would kill US if they could.....that I fully understand.......

Allah, may he be exalted, says, 'When you encounter those [infidels] who deny Islam then strike their necks' (Qur'an sura 47, verse 4)

stevec - check this out: http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7481

Please don't post anything on that forum though. I'm only referring you to the thread to broaden your obviously limited education in American History. Please notice that all the folks dressed as Indians in the pictures ARE Indians! Where did you ever get the idea that white folks killed off all the red folks anyway?

theHiredMansWife said:
I never claimed to be an expert on muslims. I've never been to their countries.

Yes you have.
Has everyone forgotten there are somewhere around 5 million Muslims here in the US? The vast majority of whom want nothing more than to pay their taxes, watch TV and be left alone like everyone else.
I said I've never been to their countries. And I haven't. FYI, this isn't their country! :x This country was founded by Christians, for Christians, lest you forget your history. It's only the permissiveness of liberalism that has allowed the rampant influx of others. And I don't like it! :mad:

The American Family Association, for example, is just as "sensitive" to other people's opinions of themselves as the cartoon-protesting Muslims. They just led a campaign to prevent Daniel from being broadcast, they complained about an episode of Will & Grace while the idea was still on the storyboard, etc.

how can the AFA defending thier rights through legal means be compared to Muslims illigal activities........

If they marched in protest.......good for them....

If they wrote letters of outrage ,,,good for them.....

if they boycotted products ,......good for them.....

but advocating chopping off heads and hands,....shame on them....

burning buildings,....shame on them.....

there is a right way to protest and a wrong way....

AFA used legal means to say they were offended........if the Muslims peacefully protested, I would stand with them in outrage......

but they didn't,

So how can you compare the two?

An example of how " wired" Egypt is. I had just gotten into Cairo after one of those 2 day ordeals just to get there. If any of you have done this....you know what I mean ( Heathrow/Gatwick etc!!!)

Anyway, I had just gotten into the Movenpick ( nice Swedish hotel) and collapsed. A friend I was to meet had been there a few hours already. He called me....came to my room. I was so hungry I said, " I'd do anything for a Snickers bar about now". That was the extent of my statement on candy. We then continued to make plans for our purpose in Egypt

About 30 minutes later a conservative knock on my door. I open the door and there stands a bell hop with a HUGE gift basket of candy. Snickers happened to be the main product. He just told me that this was for me....came in ...sat it down and left. Both my friend and myself were dumbfounded!!!

From that point on....anything we had to say that we deemed important...we wrote on notes then flushed them. Of course everytime we were hasseled by the cops...a nice bribe ( $30 or so) would make the problem disappear!!!

Latest posts