• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HMW (gay rights)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

theHiredMansWife said:
And I think something that is conveniently forgotten in in this argument is that a Christian wedding is not a requirement for a state-recognized marriage (or "civil union", if you prefer).

So far as the state is concerned, a marriage is a legal contract, pure and simple.

Can't they have that now?

The large majority of the denominations , churches, and Christians would say exactly what I said about the fall of man. It is a foundation stone for Christianity. If I were like you and believed that there were so many interpertations of scripture we can't know what is true, I'd be an athiest. Is it frustrating not knowing what to believe?

Jinglebob said:
theHiredMansWife said:
And I think something that is conveniently forgotten in in this argument is that a Christian wedding is not a requirement for a state-recognized marriage (or "civil union", if you prefer).

So far as the state is concerned, a marriage is a legal contract, pure and simple.

Can't they have that now?

http://ask.yahoo.com/20040301.html

A partial list of the rights denied to people who can't marry:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/mar_bene.htm

Red Robin said:
CattleRMe said:
:? Maybe you all would view gay marriages differently if someone you loved was gay. Maybe then you would see the want for commitment and the same rights we as heterosexual couples have.

My question is this if indeed the act of homosexuality is a sin then why did God make a man that was attracted to another man? Why would he create a being that in the end would be damned? I thought God was loving, he did give his only son for mankind.
He didn't make a man that was attracted to another man. That comes with the fallen Adamic nature we all aquire after sin entered the world. BTW just because you are attracted to another man, that doesn't make you a homosexual. Acting on it is the sin.

Straight men can be attracted to other men? :???:

HMW you make a very good point about a marriage being a legal contract.

Red Robin said:
The large majority of the denominations , churches, and Christians would say exactly what I said about the fall of man. It is a foundation stone for Christianity. If I were like you and believed that there were so many interpertations of scripture we can't know what is true, I'd be an athiest. Is it frustrating not knowing what to believe?

Just because I don't have the same opinion as you doesn't mean I don't know what I believe. :roll:

I've also heard a *lot* of denominations claim that Catholics aren't Christian because they worship Mary. Yet I'd bet most Catholics would be surprised to learn that.
Just because a bunch of people have the same idea doesn't mean it's true.

And I just don't get how you can think firing someone for nothing more than their sexual orientation can be okay. :?

Yes, Catholics would be surprised to learn that they are not Christian. Alo suprised to learn that they worship Mary. Also some think Catholics think they can get to Heaven on their own accord, how dumb!
Yet, I suppose many denominations think that. I have even heard prechers on TV say these things, Isn't a peracher supposed to be educated? How dumb can they get?
As for me, I will follow the 2000 year old teachings, and not try to invent new things.

CattleRMe said:
Red Robin said:
CattleRMe said:
:? Maybe you all would view gay marriages differently if someone you loved was gay. Maybe then you would see the want for commitment and the same rights we as heterosexual couples have.

My question is this if indeed the act of homosexuality is a sin then why did God make a man that was attracted to another man? Why would he create a being that in the end would be damned? I thought God was loving, he did give his only son for mankind.
He didn't make a man that was attracted to another man. That comes with the fallen Adamic nature we all aquire after sin entered the world. BTW just because you are attracted to another man, that doesn't make you a homosexual. Acting on it is the sin.

Straight men can be attracted to other men? :???:

HMW you make a very good point about a marriage being a legal contract.
You surely didn't get that from my post did you???

Red Robin said:
CattleRMe said:
Red Robin said:

Yes I did. Did you not recall posting your btw just because you are attracted ot another man, that doesn't make you a homosexual?

The problem with some inhabitants of the good 'ol US of A is they have become TOO TOLERANT. Becoming too tolerant is going to be our downfall.

Red Robin said:
The act of homosexuality makes you a homosexual.

Umm no a homosexual is Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.A homosexual person; a gay man or a lesbian.
My understanding is that a homosexual has sexual orientation to persons of the same sex it says nothing about having sex with another of the same sex.

Homosexuality is sexual activity with another of the same sex.

So back to my question how can a straight man be attracted to another man and not be a homosexual? :???:

CattleRMe said:
Red Robin said:

Umm no a homosexual is Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.A homosexual person; a gay man or a lesbian.
My understanding is that a homosexual has sexual orientation to persons of the same sex it says nothing about haveing sex with another of the same sex.

So back to my question how can a straight man be attracted to another man and not be a homosexual? :???:

All you have to do is add 1 plus 1 and you come up with a tangled up 2.

Soapweed said:
CattleRMe said:
Red Robin said:

My understanding is that a homosexual has sexual orientation to persons of the same sex it says nothing about haveing sex with another of the same sex.

All you have to do is add 1 plus 1 and you come up with a tangled up 2.

All you have to do is open up your mind and try and look at it as if you loved peach blossom with all your heart and could not marry her how would you feel? What if being with her was a sin could you not be?

I'm not trying to twist it I just wondered if you ever looked at it from anothers perspective?

That's comparing bananas to peaches, and is quite irrelevant. Years ago I gave my boys a "birds and bees" talk, and used an extension cord for my object lesson. It is really quite basic, the male end of the cord fits nicely into the female end. Male to male doesn't work, and neither does female to female. Any further interpretation of the facts of life is very much unwarranted. :shock:

CattleRMe said:
Red Robin said:

My understanding is that a homosexual has sexual orientation to persons of the same sex it says nothing about having sex with another of the same sex.

If you prefer, I'll concede. I'm out of my area here. I have no idea. I guess that makes homosexuals guilty of lust and the gruesome act of an attempt at some preverted type of intercorse. You got me.

Latest posts