• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hobbies for Ranchers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PureCountry

Reaction score
My Dad has always loved old things. He and Mother have collected antiques most of their lives, and the last few years he has started collecting horse drawn equipment. He got some help from a carpenter friend and they started restoring a few pieces, and this is one of their best. A water wagon for fire fighting. He found it on a farm in Saskatchewan, bought it and somehow got it on a trailer in one piece. I wish I had before pictures, because it was in damn rough shape, and didn't look anything like it does now. But all the metal parts were there and the wheels were solid. It's a thing of beauty now.
March%2012th%202015%20Download%20020.jpg

March%2012th%202015%20Download%20019.jpg

March%2012th%202015%20Download%20018.jpg

An old toy for an old boy
March%2012th%202015%20Download%20022.jpg

That looks like some fine workmanship by your dad and his friend. It is really a beauty.

Looks great!

I worked on a old wagon running gear that had sat for a long time. The wheesl had dried out and the rims were held on with dirt. I took the wheels off and soaked them in water and welded flat iron flanges on the side of the rims to hold them on the wheels.Worked not bad.

neighbor has taken and taught at this course for quite some time now,really neat to watch him renew or build a new wheel

http://wdm.ca/TrainingCourses/wheelwright.htm

Latest posts